Which one-- Glock 17, M & P, XDM or Beretta 92....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which full size 9mm semi-auto?--

• Glock 17c

Votes: 34 34.0%
    • XDM 5.25

Votes: 22 22.0%
    • M & P

Votes: 27 27.0%
    • Beretta 92a1

Votes: 17 17.0%

• Total voters

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Thinking about getting a full size 9mm semi-auto for target shooting and maybe matches.... I'm not a big Glock fan, like the XDM 5.25 package, and don't have much experience with the M & P or Beretta... What say you guys??

Note-- I like the Sig 226, but that gets into another price range....

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I like my Glock and my Beretta. I've set my Glock up with the extended controls from the G34, and it makes it a little easier to run quickly. I'm more accustomed to shooting my Glock at this point, and it shows (I've hit a steel plate at 100 yards before with the Glock; I'm still working on getting the Beretta where I want it to be).

I will say that I don't really recommend any of the compensated Glock models. It definitely increases fouling inside the slide which may hamper its reliability.

Attachments

• _DSC5345.jpg
      _DSC5345.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 380

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The Beretta is a thick gun. I find it bigger than the M&P, SIG P226 or a BHP. I have owned a S&W M&P Pro and love that gun. I do not know if i would buy a compensated handgun but the few Gen4 Glocks i have handled feel better in my hands then the older Glocks. I have an XD in .45ACP and it doesn't do anything for me. I may end up selling it.

Which gun fits your hands and which do you shoot the best?? Try to test fire each.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Cylinder and Slide makes a hammer set for the Beretta that is reported really sick. It can produce a 3-3.5 pound SA trigger pull. I may throw that on my Beretta at some point and see how I like it.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Three plastic fantastics and a Beretta? No interest in a SIG?

I like the 226 but it's about 4-600 bucks more.... I've shot all listed but the M & P... None of them really grab me or call my name... Beretta is the best looking, but pretty is as pretty does...

What I really want is the stainless Springfield loaded match 1911 in 9mm, but can't seem to track one down locally... I got my eye on a new one on Gunbroker, so maybe we'll see.....

Just want to hear what others here think of the ones listed above....

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    What are you doing Monday afternoon? I have an M&P Pro, buy some ammo at Free State and you can shoot it there. I also have a P226 if you want to try one.

T-Rite

Feb 22, 2012
    You are going to get a lot more in the case a purchase with the Springfield XDm. That said, (and I have one in .40 cal) you are also getting a gun that does everything well that the Glock does, but has better safety features, grip ergonomics. If you are going for concealed carry, the XDm compact is the ticket because the grip is more substantial and again, you are getting more bang for your buck.

When you buy a Glock you get a Glock and one or two mags. When you buy XDm, you get a case full of accessories that you can use plus a great gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom