• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    The reviews were exceptional on the HIPERTOUCH 24 when I searched so I picked one up one of their LPK on sale at PSA along with an on-sale BLACKHAWK! stock and buffer. $235.

I also grabbed a few of those Yugo bayonets, what a deal for $10!

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    The reviews were exceptional on the HIPERTOUCH 24 when I searched so I picked one up one of their LPK on sale at PSA along with an on-sale BLACKHAWK! stock and buffer. $235.

I also grabbed a few of those Yugo bayonets, what a deal for $10!
    If you're interested in selling one of the bayonets, I will be in Bethesda this evening. I'd offer $15 to help defray your shipping costs. PM me if interested.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    The lower is the firearm (presently); so as long as it was 100% pre-10/1 you're GTG. The CMMG kits are fine (although $70 sounds a bit high). The PSA kits are a great deal, they also offer a LPK without a trigger group (if you plan on using an aftermarket unit), I picked up a few for $24 on sale.

All I have is a stripped lower, which is the firearm. What's that mean based on what you said? From what you said it looks like I can't legally build my stripped lower into an AR? Even though all of the other parts are still legal for new purchase?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    All I have is a stripped lower, which is the firearm. What's that mean based on what you said? From what you said it looks like I can't legally build my stripped lower into an AR? Even though all of the other parts are still legal for new purchase?

If it is a 100% lower that you possessed before 10/1, you're fine.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    If it is a 100% lower that you possessed before 10/1, you're fine.

I have a stripped lower. Ready to put together. Completely milled and ready to go. So I am okay to get whatever and build post-Oct 1? I took ownership of said lower 3 weeks before 10/1.

I have another stupid question... I read that a folding stock is one of the two "scary" things that MD looks at. Is that a folding stock or collapsible stock? I have seen both mentioned.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I have a stripped lower. Ready to put together. Completely milled and ready to go. So I am okay to get whatever and build post-Oct 1? I took ownership of said lower 3 weeks before 10/1.

I have another stupid question... I read that a folding stock is one of the two "scary" things that MD looks at. Is that a folding stock or collapsible stock? I have seen both mentioned.
    Short of making a SBR, you're good to go.

Folding stocks are a banned feature, telescoping stocks are not.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I elected to get the one with the Geissele SSA trigger. I still need to get a stock for it though. PSA must be backlogged. Ordered Monday and no shipping notice yet.

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    I was saying that if you had a 100% complete lower prior to 10/1/13 you are okay to build whatever you want; less an SBR, MG, or AOW. Also, from your last post in this thread, it looks like you're considering a cmmg kit. I think you'll be happy with it.

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    This is the 100% lower build, correct?

Yeah that's for a complete lower build. I've finished a build with this kit and its good. Trigger is good in it also. Granted you could get a better trigger later, but for the price I'd buy another one.

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013

You need to quit reading and start thinking :rolleyes:

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    I was saying that if you had a 100% complete lower prior to 10/1/13 you are okay to build whatever you want; less an SBR, MG, or AOW. Also, from your last post in this thread, it looks like you're considering a cmmg kit. I think you'll be happy with it.

I have a stripped lower. Nothing more. So I can't legally build it?? Where are you guys seeing this?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I have a stripped lower. Nothing more. So I can't legally build it?? Where are you guys seeing this?

Holy cow man!

You acquired a 100% stripped lower prior to 10/1, yes?
    If so, you can build.
    It's no different than a standard AR-15 bought before 10/1.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Holy cow man!

You acquired a 100% stripped lower prior to 10/1, yes?
    If so, you can build.
    It's no different than a standard AR-15 bought before 10/1.

I thought you were also good if you had a 80% and did 1% of work on it making it an 81%? Then you could finish it after Oct 1 at your leisure.

Or am I getting confused?

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    Complete is not a stripped lower? These stupid liberal laws confuse me.
    There was a large rush in MD for unfinished lowers prior to 10/1/13. What myself and some of the members are talking about is a lower that was not completed (with not completed meaning; not having the fire control and/or other areas of the lower machined out to make it operational. It sounds like you are defining "complete" as a stripped lower that has a lower parts kit installed, along with a buffer tube/stock aasembly. These are two different scenarios. I hope this clears up any confusion; and the PSA lpk's mentioned work great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom