• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PCarey

Aug 13, 2022
    Maryland
    hello fellow patriots,
    I have searched online to purchase unique powder and 209 primers. At two or three different sites I filled my shopping cart and checked out and proceeded to pay. It says a transaction goes through and they will send me an e-mail to follow-up and pay for the items before they are shipped. On all these sites I never get a follow-up e-mail to pay. Thoughts and ideas for a good place online to purchase unique powder and 209 primers.? Trying to reload my 12 gauge shotgun shells. Thanks

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Time to branch out into different powders and look at some cheddite primers to get you through the draught. Shydas up in Lebanon PA has Longshot powder and cheddite primers..

urbantchr

Jun 22, 2021
    hello fellow patriots,
    I have searched online to purchase unique powder and 209 primers. At two or three different sites I filled my shopping cart and checked out and proceeded to pay. It says a transaction goes through and they will send me an e-mail to follow-up and pay for the items before they are shipped. On all these sites I never get a follow-up e-mail to pay. Thoughts and ideas for a good place online to purchase unique powder and 209 primers.? Trying to reload my 12 gauge shotgun shells. Thanks
    I have 1lb Unique, and 300+ 209 primers for sale for $60 if you can pick up in Parkville 21234

Last edited:

PCarey

Aug 13, 2022
    Maryland
    Time to branch out into different powders and look at some cheddite primers to get you through the draught. Shydas up in Lebanon PA has Longshot powder and cheddite primers..
    I have never heard of those type of primers before (cheddite). Course I've been out of it for a while. How do they compare with let's say Winchester and federal? thanks

boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    There are TONS of online scams out there. One of the more recent ones is: "We'll contact you to make payment." At which point they can capture your contact info to sell to other scammers and, if you give it to them, capture your payment info to use it at will. And quite possibly never get back what you thought you had ordered.

Ask me how I know that...

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    Been using cheddites for a while, 12 bore to .410. Bull Run Shooting Center has them for around $75/K. Saw some on the shelf in the pro-shop Sunday. They had e3 powder by the pound too, good for the 12. Not sure where you are by your profile. Depending on the load you could go titewad or something else. What are you trying to achieve? 1200FPS with 1 oz?

PCarey

Aug 13, 2022
    Maryland
    Been using cheddites for a while, 12 bore to .410. Bull Run Shooting Center has them for around $75/K. Saw some on the shelf in the pro-shop Sunday. They had e3 powder by the pound too, good for the 12. Not sure where you are by your profile. Depending on the load you could go titewad or something else. What are you trying to achieve? 1200FPS with 1 oz?
    I am in Salisbury area. Just doing a standard load. I used to load 12 gauge and pistols with unique. Have measurements already adjusted for that powder. I am willing to use and adjust to another powder if it is versatile like unique for shotgun and pistol. I have a different powder for 410. The original 4 lbs of unique was originally made be Hercules. That is how long I have had it.

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    I'd say Universal but haven't seen it in a while. and you're a long way from primers in NoVa. Maybe Clays, Longshot or Red Dot? What calibers in pistol, hot/magnum for Longshot or you're more mid-range?

PCarey

Aug 13, 2022
    Maryland
    I'd say Universal but haven't seen it in a while. and you're a long way from primers in NoVa. Maybe Clays, Longshot or Red Dot? What calibers in pistol, hot/magnum for Longshot or you're more mid-range?
    I have loaded 38 Spl., 9MM and 44Spl. Nothing hot just standard load data is what I followed. With the 9MM I actually tried to lighten it a bit for qualification with my agency. Just punching holes in paper doesn't require that much :) Just hot enough to work the action and not have squibs, it actually worked very well. I only had to misfires in 500 rounds and those were primer issues not the load itself. A second tap on the primer and they fired. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom