Where to look for complete 1:8 5.56 or .223 wylde Hbar uppers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    I can’t seem to find anything online, but honestly I’m not sure where to look. I’m in MoCo but I’ve never been to Engage; a lot of people seem to recommend them. Have local shops been cleared out of AR components as well, or just complete rifles at this point?

This is my first AR, I got a lower kit from PSA and will likely get an Anderson or Aero stripped lower. My goal is just to have basic do-it-all 5.56 AR at a modest price point (as much as possible in the current market).

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I know hanover armory is still actively making rifle and components. Don't know about engage. I'm in the same boat, looking for a nice upper. I've been keeping an eye on geissele, but they've been out of stock for months now.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    You don't have a lower yet? Might want to focus on that as they are sold out most places

Waiting for my cooldown (also have a collector application pending). I’ve seen plenty of stripped lowers online, if I have to pay an extra $60 to ffl and ship it then so be it :/

shocka04

Jan 17, 2012
    Calvert County
    Ok, I did a quick search for lowers the other day and didn't find much. HBAR uppers arent readily available even before all of this happened. Usually the best bet is to get it custom made by a shop

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I know hanover armory is still actively making rifle and components. Don't know about engage. I'm in the same boat, looking for a nice upper. I've been keeping an eye on geissele, but they've been out of stock for months now.

FYI, geissele barrels are listed as government profile, not HBAR. Unless you have a pre 2013 lower you plan to put this upper on, geisseles uppers will not please the crown.

it broke my heart as well...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You can always put it on that 80% lower you did in September of 2013....

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle

I was just in there 2 days ago, wall to wall AR’s! They are steady pumping them out.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    (also have a collector application pending

THAT is a very smart move. I say everyone should do that.
    You can then obtain more weapons per month, but also carry the weapons
    to a friends' house to show, (keep that certificate on you), it is a great thing to have.
    I have 6 lowers obtained pre- 2013, sorry, I can't sell them. This state sucks.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    THAT is a very smart move. I say everyone should do that.
    You can then obtain more weapons per month, but also carry the weapons
    to a friends' house to show,
    (keep that certificate on you), it is a great thing to have.
    I have 6 lowers obtained pre- 2013, sorry, I can't sell them. This state sucks.

Please stop mentioning this, it is not true. The ONLY thing the DC letter does is allow you to buy more than one regulated firearm per month

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Please stop mentioning this, it is not true. The ONLY thing the DC letter does is allow you to buy more than one regulated firearm per month

Read COMAR. If you have MDC you are allowed to transport some or all of your collection for an exhibition at any location of your choosing, and it gets around the only traveling to/from approved activities -which is complete BS- that is in the law.

Oh, look! posts from MDS back in 9/2012.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=91997

Also very critical is it voids out the bits in COMAR 4-203 about to and from the range/gun store/gunsmith/etc. Let's say you pick a buddy up to go to the range (or a MDS shoot across the state). He/She invites you in for dinner and their significant other insists on everybody watching a TV show afterwards...fast forward: it is now midnight and you get pulled over on the way home. Let's say you did something to give the officer probable cause to search your vehicle. There are no ranges around here (that I know of) open near midnight. A reasonable officer would understand the series of events that day - an uninformed/anti- could cause some excitement or at least several hours of delay.

The designated collector status allows you to transport any or all of your collection, pretty much anywhere and anytime you see fit. Hypothetically, if I am taking folks shooting and have several match grade ARs and several bullseye pistol boxes full of lots of paychecks in the vehicle (especially cased long guns in the bed of the truck), I will have insurance. My insurance is to have an unloaded pistol and several loaded 15 rounders inside a closed case on the front seat. I would also keep printed copies of the COMAR 4-203, sections pertaining to removal of restrictions for designated collectors, the MD AG's finding that a loaded magazine does not constitute a loaded weapon, and a copy of my designated collector letter from the MSP right beside my vehicle registration and proof of insurance. This paperwork is not required, but if you need to have a 'teaching moment' on the side of the road, it would sure come in handy.

YMMV. IANAL.

Here's one link to Maryland Criminal Law Section 4-203

http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/criminal-law/title-4/subtitle-2/4-203/

(5) the moving by a bona fide gun collector of part or all of the collector's gun collection from place to place for public or private exhibition if each handgun is unloaded and carried in an enclosed case or an enclosed holster;

This thread in post 46 has the attorney general letter re loaded magazines

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=88464

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom