• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I am looking to purchase some magazines for a few of my guns. I live in Pasadena. I need them for a Sig P322, Ruger PC9, Beretta CX4 storm, and maybe the FN57. Who would most likely have them? Who would have reasonable prices? And who would be the closest drive outside of MD?

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I was at Cabela's in DE and they had at least some of those. As for reasonable price .. not so much

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Freedom Armory
    (717) 227-9060

Trop Gun Shop
    (717) 367-5585

Just hop outside of the state lines and grab what you want. Possession isn't a violation of md's infringements.
    20211121_115610.jpg

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    Freedom Armory
    (717) 227-9060

Trop Gun Shop
    (717) 367-5585

Just hop outside of the state lines and grab what you want. Possession isn't a violation of md's infringements. View attachment 418499
    Freedom consistently price gouges as they are the first shop across the line

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Nation's gun show Chantilly VA this weekend is your best bet. Most gun shops just over the border are crazy high on mag prices.

The border tax. Always go at least 10 miles over the state line.

Yep, and yep. If PA. bound, get well past the Maryland line to do your mag shopping, unless you like paying the Maryland proximity premium.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I was hoping not to have a 2 hour drive just to get some magazines. If you figure in the extra time, and gas paying the premium might not be such a bad deal.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I was hoping not to have a 2 hour drive just to get some magazines. If you figure in the extra time, and gas paying the premium might not be such a bad deal.

Valid point, though I will say that if you have a list of supplies to stock, some shops can be considered a genuine destination, and a treat to visit. Trop is one such shop. If headed west and then north from Maryland, Juniata Trading Company in between Breezewood and Everett PA.is another such shop. Shyda's Outdoor Center is a worthwhile PA. destination for many reloading supplies, if you're into that. Not much like any of these shops can be found here in Maryland, so some of these places can make for a truly enjoyable day trip.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Valid point, though I will say that if you have a list of supplies to stock, some shops can be considered a genuine destination, and a treat to visit. Trop is one such shop. If headed west and then north from Maryland, Juniata Trading Company in between Breezewood and Everett PA.is another such shop. Shyda's Outdoor Center is a worthwhile PA. destination for many reloading supplies, if you're into that. Not much like any of these shops can be found here in Maryland, so some of these places can make for a truly enjoyable day trip.
    I was just at Juniata Trading Co this AM. Handgun mag selection was a good bit thinner than normal.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The past couple of times I've been to Trop have been kind of a let down. They still have mags (some even in stock) and a LOT of guns, but no where near the ammo and reloading selection they used to. If anyone is going to Trop, it's worth going a couple minutes down 283 to Kinsey's
    They seem to be in a bit of a decline too, but worth stopping in simply because they are so close to Trop anyway.

That's a bit of a hike for the OP in AAco though...I wonder if there are closer VA options?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

From Trop . it's a pleasant 20 minutes drive thru the country to Shaydas .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom