• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blindshot

Jul 5, 2013
    Happy 4th of July to everyone on here. I need help I'm looking to build my first ar-15 from a strip lower on up is there any store that carry the parts to complete the build. I know I can order everything online but I would like to see the parts in person before I decide if it what I want and I know there alittle of panic buying going on with thank for any help

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Any decent LGS is the best bet for seeing parts in person. I've personally used both Brownells (fantastic return policy) and Palmetto State Armory (constant daily deals) to source most everything for the lower and the BCG. I bought a complete upper so I can't help too much there.

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    For a basic complete set, cannot hurt to go to Palmetto State Armory. Though they are a bit scarce because of the panic that just happened. For another local gun store, my favorite and regular place, would be Engage Armament in Rockville, MD. Last I checked they can build an AR from the ground up from the parts they have in the shop. They also build their own AR's which many here can attest to being of very good quality.

I am also a huge fan of BCM. I just went through Sentinel Concepts Critical Carbine Employment with two AR's built from Engage Lowers and BCM uppers. Ran perfectly. If you are interested in buying used complete uppers or the uppers without BCG and CH, check out AR15.com. I got my M4 configured upper from there. I also got a full railed BCM middy upper from here. Prices are usually very good as well as the people. You can get some pretty good discounts on lightly used uppers there compared to new.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Go to a gun show and see the guys at Precision firearms.

Otherwise 2A, Engage or Gun Connection are all great sources.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you are building your first AR, I would recommend buying a complete upper from one of the IPs listed here, as they know what Is required in Merryland and what works. It all depends on your AO. As far as stripped lowers go, Cmmg LPKs are good an there are a few others out there as well. Strike Industries has good LPGs as well. I prefer to buy my parts one at a time from the companies I like. As is the same with fire control groups.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    If you are going through Denton on the way to the shore, stop by The Gunfather. They have a wall of almost all small parts for ARs. It's my go to place for springs when they fly off into oblivion when putting a lower together :innocent0

Blindshot

Jul 5, 2013
    Thank everyone for the help I will have to check out 2A looking toward going there and engage armament and the next time heading to the shore will stop by gunfather. It funny about palmetto I have a psa10 from them and love also has a 300blk from Percision firearm Mari does incredible work someone once told if you love the AR you should at least build one

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Go to a gun show and see the guys at Precision firearms.

Otherwise 2A, Engage or Gun Connection are all great sources.

One of these dealers sold me a parts kit missing parts. Then they told me to call the manufacturer, and they told me to talk to the dealer. So...........

Go get your parts kit. Confirm all the parts are there. Open the bag if you have to, in order to verify it is a complete kit.

Other wise be ready to buy up to 2 Additional parts.....

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    One of these dealers sold me a parts kit missing parts. Then they told me to call the manufacturer, and they told me to talk to the dealer. So...........

Go get your parts kit. Confirm all the parts are there. Open the bag if you have to, in order to verify it is a complete kit.

Other wise be ready to buy up to 2 Additional parts.....

I hope that wasn't us, because I will have to start kicking people in the shins if it was...

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Since I don't know your location I'm going to chime in and say Engage Armament in Rockville or take a nice drive out to Bollingers in Taneytown.

I just completed mine the other day at Bollingers (Engage stripped upper) and they have all of the parts needed. Bobby even had me go in the back to watch him put it all together. After that he took it apart showing the proper way to clean it and then instructed me on how to dismantle and reassembled the bolt carrier group.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Since I don't know your location I'm going to chime in and say Engage Armament in Rockville or take a nice drive out to Bollingers in Taneytown.

I just completed mine the other day at Bollingers (Engage stripped upper) and they have all of the parts needed. Bobby even had me go in the back to watch him put it all together. After that he took it apart showing the proper way to clean it and then instructed me on how to dismantle and reassembled the bolt carrier group.

When and where are we going to shoot it? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom