• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Earthmover

Newb
    Oct 22, 2008
    Middle River
    I just recently picked up my Del-Ton AR-15 before I realized how hard it was to find a place near White Marsh, MD to shoot. Does anybody know where I can shot besides Elk Neck State Park? I plan on going there once I build my own target stand. Is there anybody living in the white marsh area shooting a AR-15? I would love to join.

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    I just recently picked up my Del-Ton AR-15 before I realized how hard it was to find a place near White Marsh, MD to shoot. Does anybody know where I can shot besides Elk Neck State Park? I plan on going there once I build my own target stand. Is there anybody living in the white marsh area shooting a AR-15? I would love to join.

there is baltimore county fish and game but you'll need to take a number, give blood, a dna sample, first born, virgin and pure white lamb sacrifice.

I've already done all these things as well as given 3rdRcn many reach arounds, so good luck.

rocketredleg

Jan 5, 2008
    ELK NECK STATE PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10.00 a day, you cannot beat it. It is like 35 minutes from White Marsh, it is a state park and has a pistol range to boot.

If you want more info PM me and I can help you out.

No membership dues, no Bs just pull in, drop you 10$ in the envelop at the ranger's building and follow the trail to the range (closed on Monday).

I have met alot of nice people at that range.

dclemens

Sep 28, 2007
    Kingsville,MD
    I'm in the same situation, I went to Elk Neck 2 weeks ago. If you drive fast from White Marsh it's about 35-40min which isn't too bad of a drive.

Earthmover

Newb
    Oct 22, 2008
    Middle River
    I will be visiting ELK neck soon. How did you make your target stand? I need to research this online. LOL I never made a stand before. If anybody is going to ELK neck in the future let me know. I will gladly join. Here are a few pics of my collection so far.

Attachments

• 100_1145.JPG
      100_1145.JPG
      68.5 KB · Views: 926
    • 100_1147.JPG
      100_1147.JPG
      69.2 KB · Views: 945
    • 100_1148.JPG
      100_1148.JPG
      68.7 KB · Views: 922
    • best.JPG
      best.JPG
      67.8 KB · Views: 911

capTIM

Carroll County Drunkard
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sykesville
    Nice AR. I picked up the same upper for my own build. I'm very pleased so far even though I still have not gotten a chance to take it out.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Elk Neck or Horst & McCann at 543 & 1, but Horst is really expensive for rifles since you have to use frangibles in .223 and up.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    I will be visiting ELK neck soon. How did you make your target stand? I need to research this online. LOL I never made a stand before.

There was a nice write-up on a DIY target stand on Firearms Tactical:

http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs29.htm

All in all it's like 15 minutes worth of work and $10 worth of parts.

I've built a few this way. The base is the most important part, the stand itself is two pieces of wood and a piece of cardboard... chuck 'em when they're too shot up.

rocketredleg

Jan 5, 2008
    I cannot emphasize strongly enough...ELK NECK STATE PARK is the way to go. From White Marsh it is a straight shot too.

Target Stand: Stop By the local Grocer and get a couple large boxes. Place two cinder blocks inside bottom of box staple tgts to box. Wal-La target stand. Also the peoples republic of Walmart sells portable wire tgt stands for around 10$.

I have usd them and they are functiaonal.

t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton
    Elk Neck isn't too bad of a hike from middle river. I end up down there every once in awhile to visit the MIL. I try to plan on stopping by Gun Connection whenever I make it down there since it's along the way, but that doesn't seem to work out most of the time.

If you don't already have one, pick up a sticker at the bridge if you plan on making more than just one trip, that way you only pay the $5 toll once and the sticker is good for a year.

I've never been to the range at Elk Neck but will probably end up there in a couple weeks to sight in my AR.

ChrisR/T

Resident Beer Snob
    Oct 30, 2008
    Las Vegas, from Hazard County
    Target Stand: Stop By the local Grocer and get a couple large boxes. Place two cinder blocks inside bottom of box staple tgts to box. Wal-La target stand. Also the peoples republic of Walmart sells portable wire tgt stands for around 10$.

I have usd them and they are functiaonal.

There's a food lion in North East that'll probably give you a few boxes or something out of their trash, and it's right on RT. 40, before you get to the park.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/central/elkneckSF.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom