Where can I go throw some plugs for Bluefish in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    I sure miss plugging for blues! I do it whenever I get up to Maine but is there any place in MD I can just drive to and fling some plugs for blues?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    Thanks for the advice but never having been to Ocean City yet I have no idea where the "inlet" is, please advise of the details…What road to take in, where to park, where to walk to, where to fish from, etc. Thanks man!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Off the bridge. Last summer the minnows were all over there at dusk. So much so that the blue fish were constantly feeding. Gotcha plugs would not fail. top and bottom rigs with squid was useless on them but fine for some croaker. I kid you not, we were throwing them back if they were not at least 2" above minimum or they were bleeding really bad from tangling them up in the gotcha plug. Half way through it, I cut the front hooks off the gotcha plug so they would not be so tangled up. We hit our limit in a couple hours, and kids were up till 2am cleaning them off.
    I don't think its always like this though.

Attachments

• IMG_5327.jpg
      IMG_5327.jpg
      79 KB · Views: 282
    • IMG_5330.jpg
      IMG_5330.jpg
      83.2 KB · Views: 282
    • IMG_5508.jpg
      IMG_5508.jpg
      65.5 KB · Views: 275

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Thanks for the advice but never having been to Ocean City yet I have no idea where the "inlet" is, please advise of the details…What road to take in, where to park, where to walk to, where to fish from, etc. Thanks man!

inlet_zpsnqvfopyj.jpg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

From pic above, There are different places to park.
    Check the tide tables for Inlet, the tide at the bridge lags by what? 2-3 hours?
    So even after high tide, on the ocean side of the inlet, the ocean is sill higher than the bay, so the water is still rushing inland and going northward at the bridge.

If the water is coming in, then the water on the North side will be flowing away from the bridge and the water on the south side will be flowing towards you.

The time dictates the direction of flow. Do you want to fish with your lure moving towards you or away? You should know this before you decide where to park.

Also, in the evening, the traffic can be backed up going INTO OC on 50.

My choices are : On the side of the road just west of the Rt 50 bridge (watch the no parking times) or There is some parking on the east side.
    I favor the small lot at the corner of North Division and St. Louis Ave.
    There is also a bigger public parking lot over to the east somewhere. I can't remember unless I'm driving.

I just got a 2nd home on the water bayside so this spring/summer I'll be fishing from the boat :) Maybe I'll have a Covert MDS logo on it.

Lots of rental opportunities in OC from high to lower end Condos, Hotels both Bayside and ocean side as well as Home rentals in Ocean Pines (mainland bay side) and places like FSK hotel. The rentals w/ Coldwell banker is less expensive than hotels on the beach quite often if you group with another family. You can take head boats off shore too. I know some people who will drive in, fish all day, stay Sat night, then fish Sunday and leave.
    Its not the destination for everyone though. Some people hate the area. I've had a place in that area for over 10 years and still have a list of places or things to do that I have yet to accomplish. Drive up to Gus's (IP here) new place in DE near Rehoboth. I still have not gone there myself, will this summer.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    You can also try casting or "plugging" at the Kent Narrows Bridge. You cross the bridge headed east then take the first exit and come back to the rocks under the bridge. It does get busy when the fish are running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom