• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I took this pandemic opportunity to learn this reloading hobby. Ive been looking for maybe a month now for .308 125 or 110 grain bullets. I had/have an order with OpticsPlanet for a bulk buy but they rescheduled the shipping date. Luckily, I ordered a bulk buy of my other rifle caliber. I just reached out to Speer to see if I can order direct. I’m waiting on a response now.

You and me both.

My wife's uncle handed down a bunch of Lyman T-mag stuff from the early 80s. He'd never used it. His buddy sold it to him for a song 20 years ago.

I'd gotten a couple of die sets and some bullets, powder and primers a bit after the new Year. Then as everything hit, a BUNCH more stuff. Finally started reloading about 2 weeks ago. I am already in deep.

Fortunately I am enjoying the ever loving hell out of it (I've reloaded some on a few guy's stuff, but all progressives, either Dillon's or Star's).

So I had the 38spc dies. Then got 6.5 Grendel right after and before this hit.

When it did I ordered rifle powders, more dies, more pistol dies, bullets, etc.

So at this point I am in for 38spc, .45acp (I also got a Glock 21, my first .45 right as things went south), .223, 6.5 Grendel and just got components and dies for .308 and .30-06.

I ordered .32acp dies yesterday and managed to hunt down some .32acp bullets! Powder Valley had ONE box of 1k Berry's left. Can't find them anywhere else for any price, and theirs was still a really reasonable price.

I've worked up two different 38spc loads (one I am confident of, the other I think is good, but see separate question thread). Also a .45acp load.

I am hoping to work up a .223 62gr FMJ and a 75gr BTHP load in the next few weeks. Also a .32acp load. Then get my AR and my 32 handguns to the range in a couple/few weeks to test them out.

Then I'll work on 6.5G, .308 and .30-06.

Poking around for dies for cheap for a few of my other loads. But I think I'll wait till gun shows are back up and running (and I am comfortable going to them again). I am hoping to stumble across the poor shmuck who went in deep on 9MAK or 7.62TOK and decided they didn't want to load for it.

I am looking for 9mm dies and bullets. But no luck on the latter at anything like "reasonable" prices. Will likely wait and (if they have them in stock) get like 500 115gr coated LRN from Missouri as well as some more 158gr LSWC and maybe some 200 or 230gr coated .45 bullets.

Though I am going to need more primers here at some point and everyone seems to be out of small pistol primers. But I'd imagine the 1.1k I have on hand is going to last a few months at least.

Before working up .223 and .32acp loads I want to load up at least a couple boxes of 158gr LSWC 38spc loads while that turret is on the press (was gifted 2 turrets and bought another, sadly will need to swap dies here at some point).

If anyone is looking for 300BO subsonic bullets, Missouri has a bunch of coated 200+gr lead FP and LRN .309" bullets in stock.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I have a bunch of stuff left for 300BO reloading after I sold my lee press a few years back, I will try to pull the box out this weekend and re-remember what and how much I have.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I have three 100 round boxes of Nolser 210gr RDF blems that make decent plinking rounds that I'd let go. Steel plates don't seem to know any better. I have 300 110gr Nosler Varmageddon, most of a 500 round box of 125gr Speer TnT's, and not quite 500 150gr fmj's. I really don't shoot supers anymore once I went single shot suppressed.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Cast and powder coat your own.

My first 2000 rounds were mostly cast and coated projectiles. I found out the hard way if you are shooting suppressed, the vaporized lead condenses on the interior surfaces of the can.

I couldn’t clean out the lead using any conventional means. Eventually I tool a propane torch and heated the sucker up until all of the lead beaded up and rolled off. I probably had about 5-6 projectiles worth of lead.

I took this pandemic opportunity to learn this reloading hobby. Ive been looking for maybe a month now for .308 125 or 110 grain bullets. I had/have an order with OpticsPlanet for a bulk buy but they rescheduled the shipping date. Luckily, I ordered a bulk buy of my other rifle caliber. I just reached out to Speer to see if I can order direct. I’m waiting on a response now.

What bullets, if any, do you have? How many?

I have 200 Speer Hot Cor 130gr I would sell you for what I have into them ($45ish). Being a new reloader, you get a pass on not being prepared for the run on components everyone should have seen coming.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010536877

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    I have 200 Speer Hot Cor 130gr I would sell you for what I have into them ($45ish). Being a new reloader, you get a pass on not being prepared for the run on components everyone should have seen coming.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010536877

I’m well stocked on consumables to include primers, and ONLY 5 pounds of powder. It was my lack of understanding of the 300BLK, sup & sub rounds. It prevented me from ordering in a timely manner. I ordered 500 147 gr and they are gone! i then became obsessive with having a proper stock on hand, outside of having ONLY 5 pounds of powder.
    Curious as to any feeding issues with that round in your link?

I’m interested in the 130gr bullets

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    MidwayUSA has plenty of .308 125g(ish) bullets. It's hard to find bulk right now, but there's plenty out there. You just have to expand your searches.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1482394074

Help me to understand the terminology. I have two milk crates of my father’s reloading supplies from National Bullet Co. He purchased .38, .357, 45acp, and 9mm, all in 500 count boxes. When I think of bulk, I’m referring to 500 bullets or more. I’ve gone through my 500 rounds of the 147 gr 300blk that I recently purchased within the last 90 days or so.

I just cleared up an issue, I hope, with loading some 147 gr, 9mm that called for 1.10 OAL. Checking some of the notes that my father had, he loaded them to an OAL of 1.12. My slide would not go completely forward with the shorter OAL. I have yet to get back to the range to test the longer 1.12 cartridge.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Help me to understand the terminology. I have two milk crates of my father’s reloading supplies from National Bullet Co. He purchased .38, .357, 45acp, and 9mm, all in 500 count boxes. When I think of bulk, I’m referring to 500 bullets or more. I’ve gone through my 500 rounds of the 147 gr 300blk that I recently purchased within the last 90 days or so.

I just cleared up an issue, I hope, with loading some 147 gr, 9mm that called for 1.10 OAL. Checking some of the notes that my father had, he loaded them to an OAL of 1.12. My slide would not go completely forward with the shorter OAL. I have yet to get back to the range to test the longer 1.12 cartridge.
    Agreed on the bulk term.

On the 9mm, have you case gauged either round? Looking at my logs, I've been loading 147s from 1.11 to 1.13, depending on the bullet. I've used quite a few different 147s.

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    Agreed on the bulk term.

On the 9mm, have you case gauged either round? Looking at my logs, I've been loading 147s from 1.11 to 1.13, depending on the bullet. I've used quite a few different 147s.

Using Hodgdon website, they called for an OAL of 1.10 inches. Im just starting but it seemed that with the 1.10 OAL my M&P Shield’s slide was not completely chambering the round. I have yet to try the 1.12 OAL.

Agreed on the bulk term.

Using Hodgdon website, they called for an OAL of 1.10 inches. Im just starting but it seemed that with the 1.10 OAL my M&P Shield’s slide was not completely chambering the round. I have yet to try the 1.12 OAL.

There are multiple brands on the market. They permit you to quickly get a visual on whether your brass has been properly sized and trimmed.
    What you're describing sound like improperly sized brass- flare that wasn't crimped after loading perhaps?

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    There are multiple brands on the market. They permit you to quickly get a visual on whether your brass has been properly sized and trimmed.
    What you're describing sound like improperly sized brass- flare that wasn't crimped after loading perhaps?

This issue caused me to use the gauge that I already had but didn’t use. I now include the use of a gauge after crimping. It certainly been a learning experiencing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom