• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Not passing their exams.

Need to get rid of the exam, obviously....

Between 2018 and 2021, 76.2% of white test takers passed the bachelor's level exam the first time. The percentage dropped to 63.6% for Native American/Indigenous peoples, followed by 59.6% for Asian test takers and 52.8% of Hispanic applicants.

Only 33% of Black test takers passed – a 43% difference between white test takers.

The organization also released numbers showing how many eventually passed the exam, and while improved, the racial disparities persisted. Data also show older test takers passed at lower rates than younger ones.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Not passing their exams.

Need to get rid of the exam, obviously....

Between 2018 and 2021, 76.2% of white test takers passed the bachelor's level exam the first time. The percentage dropped to 63.6% for Native American/Indigenous peoples, followed by 59.6% for Asian test takers and 52.8% of Hispanic applicants.

Only 33% of Black test takers passed – a 43% difference between white test takers.

The organization also released numbers showing how many eventually passed the exam, and while improved, the racial disparities persisted. Data also show older test takers passed at lower rates than younger ones.
    Be Adam Carolla:

Never give an inch on this. Never.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I am genuinely curious - is there any professional/academic or licensing exam on any topic where the reverse was true? If there is, we never hear about it.
    NBC and the Usual Suspects never ask how many of those failing the exam are from intact families. How many are first generation college graduates. You know, information can can lead somewhere constructive.

Professional exams are sometimes non-sensical, but this approach is insulting to every non-white professional out there and further erodes their accomplishments.

"Get me a Black woman, no, make it a lesbian Black woman!"

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I am genuinely curious - is there any professional/academic or licensing exam on any topic where the reverse was true? If there is, we never hear about it.
    Ebonics test?

Just Kidding.

I feel that the test is worth review but having an unbiased review will be difficult.
    Maybe the statistics should not focus on race but look at the underlying issue of the failures. Likely either economic background, education level, something other than just race. Maybe the high failure rates are anyone educated in the DC or Baltimore school system?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Obviously the tests are racist. Doesn't that pass rate follow along with the IQ by race bell curve?

Except Asians are supposed to score higher though.

main-qimg-0b80218e22f5c4c9583e7f97fe67d976-pjlq

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Is Social Work even a credible Profession ?
    I believe it to be so.

It often is very useful in assisting people with serious problems, and social workers are knowledgeable in dealing with governmental and healthcare bureaucracies, in the assistance to their clients.

That said, most of those I've met have been hopeless Progressives in their political outlook. Still, most of the higher paid professionals I've met in the DC area are similarly simple minded.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Obviously the tests are racist. Doesn't that pass rate follow along with the IQ by race bell curve?

Except Asians are supposed to score higher though.

main-qimg-0b80218e22f5c4c9583e7f97fe67d976-pjlq
    IQ tests were intended to identify people who needed help, not any other reason. The tests are, in fact, almost certainly “racist”. Culturally biased would be more accurate.

Alfred Binet weeps.
    Is Social Work even a credible Profession ?
    Absolutely.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'll bite . What are the highly educated , professional level skills for social workers ?

Ask what's their problem ? , break out the relevant list / check list . Help them fill out forms/ applications .

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I'll bite . What are the highly educated , professional level skills for social workers ?

Ask what's their problem ? , break out the relevant list / check list . Help them fill out forms/ applications .
    Most therapists (not MD's) are licenses social workers. LWSC:

How to Become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)​

Becoming a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) is a process comprising several important steps, including completing a master’s-level degree program in social work and acquiring the correct licensing in your state of practice. Below is an overview of some common steps you can take if you are interested in pursuing a career in clinical social work.

Becoming a licensed clinical social worker requires you to:

1. Complete a Bachelor’s Degree
    2. Pursue a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) or MSW-equivalent program
    3. Complete a LCSW Licensing and Examination Requirements
    4. Apply for LCSW State Licensure
    5. Renew Your License
    6. Advance Your Career Through Continued Learning

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok . That makes sort of sense .

The professional licensing to actually be a Counselor , contains the words LCSW .

So , an upper case Social Worker actually means a real Councillor , and the usual drones doing typical do gooder form filling have a different job title ?

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Most therapists (not MD's) are licenses social workers. LWSC:

How to Become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)​

Becoming a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) is a process comprising several important steps, including completing a master’s-level degree program in social work and acquiring the correct licensing in your state of practice. Below is an overview of some common steps you can take if you are interested in pursuing a career in clinical social work.

Becoming a licensed clinical social worker requires you to:

1. Complete a Bachelor’s Degree
    2. Pursue a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) or MSW-equivalent program
    3. Complete a LCSW Licensing and Examination Requirements
    4. Apply for LCSW State Licensure
    5. Renew Your License
    6. Advance Your Career Through Continued Learning
    My daughter attended UNCG and earned a BS in physics, minor in math. Her graduating class was small.
    The SW school has a much larger class, mostly black women.
    My daughter went on to earn a masters in applied physics. Didn't need any license exam. Starters he first job at $103k.
    A MSW all needs at least one exam. Starts around half what my daughter did.
    Yet it was SW (SJW) students that asked my daughter why she was doing that to herself when they found out she was studying physics.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****Like other professionals, there is a pecking order to Social Workers. The ones with experience and perhaps additional education run a variety of groups of kids and or adults who have poor life coping skills and provide counseling and therapy.

I know a few of them as they are considered allied health professionals who get referrals from physicians or psychiatrists/psychologists for their own patients once they have a decent neuro-pharmacological regimen established and are ready to re-integrate back into society. Some deal with addictions, other Social Workers are decent choices for at risk suicide people or those with a variety of anxiety or similar type issues.

I've dated a couple of them when I was considerably younger, and there is one here in my hood that has a clinic with over 100 Social Workers and other similar therapists - and she does group counseling and handles the business aspect of organizing it all for her employees. She makes a *very* good living and has offices in Chevy Chase, Potomac, McLean, and Georgetown - she works with the "worried well" as she calls them. She has her doctorate.

The ones I know are *all* remarkably liberal, save the world types who often provide guided advocacy through the medical system, etc..

I was surprised at just how many high functioning, very successful professionals who make really really good money are in some of these groups or see a social worker a couple of times per week, usually a Zoom meeting, etc.. to help them deal with their problems, and talk things out.

No question they are helpful to many people in our society who may need some help with focus and guidance in life - like any other profession - there are good ones and uhhh... not so good ones.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    For a short time in CA I dated a LCSW (non red head) who was from MD and previously worked in the hood in Baltimore. IIRC in CA she was working with something related to foster kids.

She could never shut off the analysis switch; everything I did went into her inbox to diagnose TI-tick per the DSM 5. At some point she gave me the boot with a long diatribe on how I was crazy and should get a check up from the neck up, which I never got.

Apparently she did good in her job and I'd grade her a C in the sack, but she had more issues than anyone I've ever dated. Hell, she told me I could make a fortune by being a gigolo. :D :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom