• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Yeah. Mine has been showing as processing and in the eStore for a week. RM1SERVICE seems to suddenly be super slow after shipping 2-3 days after for a few weeks now everyone seems to be in a holding pattern on the CMP forums. IHC and other stuff seems to be shopping fast, so you might not need to wait long.

Someone mentioned a few days ago their RM1SERVICE was listed as “back ordered”, though mine says ship ASAP. Hopefully it won’t be much longer, but maybe they need to clean, test and clear another batch of rifles.

Lazarus,

I sent an email to customer service, and they replied they had a 1 month backlog they are working on. I am assuming this is across the board. The 1911s may be taxing their staffing, so the M1 Garands are taking the hit staffing wise.

Q

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks guys. Yeah I am thinking the 1911s are slowing them down. Just this afternoon since I posted two more people who mailed orders in roughly when I did and all had the same eStore date or 1 day sooner are also all either still waiting or just shipped after a week. So maybe it is just another couple of business days for me.

Not that it is the end of the world if it takes a week or two last it, but my 35th birthday is on the 21st and I was kind of hoping to have the rifle hand as a birthday present to me that was kind of special.

Though I had PRK yesterday, so I should just stop worrying about it as I can’t get to a range till early June at the soonest anyway.

My little M1 carbine wants a big brother so much and I did promise it one soon.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    And I’d just post on the CMP forums, but my account STILL hasn’t been activated or is locked in someway since the day I created it. I’ve sent maybe 6 messages over 2 months and still nothing. I am thinking I’ll create a new account and see if it works.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It is now listed as “In Progress” instead of open for my order. I am guessing that means it’ll probably ship in the next day or two. I just might get it right before my 35th hurrah! Woot!

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Until you see a case added and a serial number of you M1 then it will be a day or two! At least that’s how they used to do it when I last ordered from them. Hope you get before your 35th!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Got an invoice dated 5/8, show rifle S/N, Case, waiting on tracking #.

Q

Lucky dog. Though they seem to be processing the IHC faster than the luck of the draw service grade. I wonder if that is because they already graded what was left if the IHC and they are processing the SA/HR service grades as they grade each one.

Also wondering if the fact that I am asking for a shooter is slowing it down for me a little.

I am hoping next year or the following if money makes me wait to try a Field grade and go for a WWII if they have any left.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Oh, also where does it show the S/N? Does it show in the eStore? Under the line item for the rifle? I never received a DBU from them.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    They'll show the serial number when they know it themselves, just before they ship.

Asking for a "good shooter" won't slow them down. They are not going to send someone to Talladega with 100 rifles and instructions to find the best for you. All Service Grades are supposed to be good shooters.

Supposedly they don't pay attention to special requests or sticky notes anymore, if indeed they ever did.

Supposedly, what they used to do is glance over ten rifles at most to see if one of them fit the special request. That's if the person was feeling in the mood to do that. Supposedly, rifles are stacked or racked by tens. A fresh rack has ten rifles to chose from. A depleted rack will have three...two... then one rifle to chose from. They would not look further.

Supposedly.

To me, "a good shooter" means you don't care about USGI wood, and may even prefer a new stock. I think most Service Grades have new stocks anyway though. Hopefully you'll get a cherry rifle with really good ME and TE numbers.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Oh, also where does it show the S/N? Does it show in the eStore? Under the line item for the rifle? I never received a DBU from them.

If you can access the invoice, it should be listed on the item description. Mine moved from order to invoice before I noticed the S/N. The invoice history showed my other rifle with its S/N.

BTW, my service grade had a few "character" marks, but in no way detracted from the overall condition of the rifle. Still shooting it to get an average group size.
    Q

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That won't be until they actually pick a rifle from the rack and process it for shipping, which will be when they ship it. But first they add the case. His order status should show "case added" a few days before shipping,

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    That won't be until they actually pick a rifle from the rack and process it for shipping, which will be when they ship it. But first they add the case. His order status should show "case added" a few days before shipping,

This

Q

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

A case did show up on my order today when it also switched to in progress. So I guess that means it is really pretty close to shipping :-)

I’ve seen a ton of people post muzzle and throat measurements, does CMP include that with the rifle? Or do that many people just have gauges?

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    A case did show up on my order today when it also switched to in progress. So I guess that means it is really pretty close to shipping :-)

I’ve seen a ton of people post muzzle and throat measurements, does CMP include that with the rifle? Or do that many people just have gauges?

The blue card should be in the case along with the CMP packet (Manual, CMP certificate)

Q

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks!

For a little state, I feel like Maryland has the best online firearms community by far. Only one that seems remotely close is Calguns.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    And it’s listed as shipped! So it should be here a couple of days before my birthday!!!

A low 5.6 million SN rifle. Looks like that is H&R, probably late 1954 or early 55 manufacture. Probably one of the Turkish returns.

I can’t wait!!!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    And it’s listed as shipped! So it should be here a couple of days before my birthday!!!

A low 5.6 million SN rifle. Looks like that is H&R, probably late 1954 or early 55 manufacture. Probably one of the Turkish returns.

I can’t wait!!!

They ship rifles overnight so probably tomorrow! Just like a kid waiting for Santa.:D

Good luck on the pick.:thumbsup:

Yes H&R 1956. Here is the born on date chart:
    http://usriflecal30m1.com/ProductionGraph.aspx

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    They ship rifles overnight so probably tomorrow! Just like a kid waiting for Santa.:D

Good luck on the pick.:thumbsup:

Yes H&R 1956. Here is the born on date chart:
    http://usriflecal30m1.com/ProductionGraph.aspx

Ah perfect, thanks!

Good thing I am off work another day recovering from eye surgery. It means I can sit by my front door all day long. I mean, work in the honey do list not at all listening for the knock or door bell.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Ah perfect, thanks!

Good thing I am off work another day recovering from eye surgery. It means I can sit by my front door all day long. I mean, work in the honey do list not at all listening for the knock or door bell.

If they gave you a tracking number you can stay up all night watching its progress......I mean monitoring the thunderstorm watch.:D

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia

I can’t wait!!!

Congrats, I am envious as I was hoping for an H&R versus SA on the service grade, but it is a luck of the draw. Let us know the details on Throat Reading and Muzzle Reading.

Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom