When the bill is signed, is my AK now illegal on Oct.1?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    This law is worthless without registration then. What is to stop me from having a friend in another state buy the gun and then just sell it to me in person? I could just say that I bought it in person 5 years ago. If they can’t prove that I am guilty they have nothing. I’m already assuming the AK will be the new favorite gun of Maryland shooters.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If ONLY there were some kind of forum where this information was available! And maybe with a search engine to find questions like mine.....If only such a place existed!:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Being that we're all from Notsomerrylandistan, I thought about starting a site called Notsomerrylandistan Shooters.

Kind of a stupid name though and I don't think anyone with half a brain would log on and participate.

All you would get were clever and witty folks acting like dumbasses and rehashing the same topic over and over and over and over and over and over and over and.........!!!!!!!!!!!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    This law is worthless without registration then. What is to stop me from having a friend in another state buy the gun and then just sell it to me in person? I could just say that I bought it in person 5 years ago. If they can’t prove that I am guilty they have nothing. I’m already assuming the AK will be the new favorite gun of Maryland shooters.

The gun that you buy after 10-1 from the guy who bought it after 10-1 will have a serial number on it that will prove it was manufactured after 10-1.

That would only work if the gun you buy from the other guy was manufactured and serialized before 10-1.

Think before you leap.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    I think the way the law is written is the rifle would be considered Grandfathered IF you had already purchased it in MD using regulated firearms paperwork .Any input on this would be great .

I was told by MSP that someone moving into Maryland after 1 OCT does not have to show proof when any firearm has been purchased, and can transport their owned firearms without issue. You can drive your firearms or fly them into Maryland to your new residence, since they are not being transferred to another person. Registration of your firearm is completely voluntary in the State of Maryland, and any handguns must be on the Handgun Roster.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I think the way the law is written is the rifle would be considered Grandfathered IF you had already purchased it in MD using regulated firearms paperwork .Any input on this would be great .

There is no requirement in the bill for the firearm to be purchased in MD, regulated, with paperwork. If there is, please provide the page and line you are looking at so we can look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom