When the bill is signed, is my AK now illegal on Oct.1?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnnyu

Feb 21, 2013
    So I am abiding by all of todays laws. When the bill is signed, and goes into effect Oct.1, what do I do with my AK? I also have mags that were legally brought in that will be banned on Oct1. Is this the 'proof' of date of purchase thing I'm seeing in the threads? My stuff will be grandfathered?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So I am abiding by all of todays laws. When the bill is signed, and goes into effect Oct.1, what do I do with my AK? I also have mags that were legally brought in that will be banned on Oct1. Is this the 'proof' of date of purchase thing I'm seeing in the threads? My stuff will be grandfathered?

The same things you do with it today.

The AK is grandfathered and there is still no ban on possession, just like today.

You do not need to provide any proof of anything.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

It will be Grandfathered in and you may keep it.

No registration of the AK or the Mags.

johnnyu

Feb 21, 2013
    thanks

thanks for the prompt reply. I'd presume everyone will have a mad dash to obtain what they wish to obtain before the effective date of the law.

My next question is where is my money best spent right now on a membership? that will help fight for our rights? NRA?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    thanks for the prompt reply. I'd presume everyone will have a mad dash to obtain what they wish to obtain before the effective date of the law.

My next question is where is my money best spent right now on a membership? that will help fight for our rights? NRA?

Look at Maryland Shall Issue (MSI).

All of the money donated stays in Maryland and everyone is a volunteer and hasn't taken any proceeds in reimbursement for any of the activities they do.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

The iH8DemLibz foundation is always taking donations.

Cash only please.

Please donate early and offen.

I was going to make a comment referencing voting in the B.H.O. elections, but I will refrain from doing so.

Thank you for giving.

The village appreciates it.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    The question would be it would only be grandfathered if you purchased it in MD and already did Regulated Firearms paperwork correct ?? So if you purchased it 10 years ago in another state and did not have the MSP paperwork is it still grandfathered ??

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The question would be it would only be grandfathered if you purchased it in MD and already did Regulated Firearms paperwork correct ?? So if you purchased it 10 years ago in another state and did not have the MSP paperwork is it still grandfathered ??

Nothing in the law says that it had to be purchased or registered in MD. Burden would be on the State to prove you bought something AFTER October 1. I see no reason this is not a grandfathered firearm.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    It will be illegal and banned. The only way for it to be legal and to prevent you from being in possession of a banned weapon and banned magazines will be for you to relinquish it to me (preferably with all of your ammo as well) prior to 10/1. :D

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Grandfathered, no requirement to register it, and no proof needed to prove where purchased, so no issue.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    I think the way the law is written is the rifle would be considered Grandfathered IF you had already purchased it in MD using regulated firearms paperwork .Any input on this would be great .

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Good God, Man.

This has been beaten to death. The poor horse has been flogged. The lilly has been guilded. What more can be said?

YOU CAN KEEP IT WITH NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO REGISTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF IT'S IN-STATE PRIOR TO 10-1 YOU CAN KEEP IT WITH NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO REGISTRATION AFTER 10-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it and shoot it (if you can find ammo) and enjoy it.

NOT YELLING.

JUST CLARIFICATION.

P.S. Atlantic Firearms: 410-352-5183

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Good God, Man.

This has been beaten to death.

YOU CAN KEEP IT WITH NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO REGISTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO REGISTRATION AFTER 10-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT YELLING. JUST CLARITY.

so tell us how you really feel.. :lol:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I think the way the law is written is the rifle would be considered Grandfathered IF you had already purchased it in MD using regulated firearms paperwork .Any input on this would be great .

if you really that worried.. take a picture of it with a newspaper (dated before 10/1) or have a letter notarized stating you owned the said firearm prior 10/1.. :D

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Good God, Man.

This has been beaten to death. The poor horse has been flogged. The lilly has been guilded. What more can be said?

NOT YELLING. JUST CLARITY.

So, what about an AR?:lol2:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    So, what about an AR?:lol2:

Good God, Man.

YOU CAN KEEP IT WITH NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO REGISTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO REGISTRATION AFTER 10-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT YELLING.

JUST CLARIFICATION.

P.S. Atlantic Firearms: 410-352-5183

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    If ONLY there were some kind of forum where this information was available! And maybe with a search engine to find questions like mine.....If only such a place existed!:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom