• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Unless we are talking fallout, I"m sheltering in place.

You can't just have more than one!
    1) AR
    2) SKS
    3) 308 Hunting Rifle
    4) AR

Yeah, this. :)

If you need to go mobile and blend in with a group, then you're stuck with a highly concealed pistol. 9mm would be my first choice, but a pocket gun like the Ruger LCP is more likely.

A lever action rifle, like a Winchester 30-30 would be less "scary" in a group than an AR and allow you to hunt anything up to a small bear. Although, I'd probably still go with my Colt M4.

The other advantage of a pistol is being able to hide it quick. This would allow you to perhaps go through a group checkpoint and come back later for retrieval.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It's not something that I'd like to carry. But it's a SHTF rifle, but that's because that's it's name. It's a Safety Harbor SHTF 50 bmg.

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    I'm sheltering in-place, too, unless evacuated due to natural disaster or mortars.

In-place:
    Win 1200 (front door)
    Win 1200 (back door)
    Win 1300 (side window)
    SKS (anywhere else)
    Handguns on me and the wife

Evacuate:
    Handguns
    One of the 1200/1300's
    Remington 12c (.22lr for small game)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm sheltering in-place, too, unless evacuated due to natural disaster or mortars.

In-place:
    Win 1200 (front door)
    Win 1200 (back door)
    Win 1300 (side window)
    SKS (anywhere else)
    Handguns on me and the wife

Evacuate:
    Handguns
    One of the 1200/1300's
    Remington 12c (.22lr for small game)

I'm not an expert and but I'm not sure, I'd want just 5 shots from a shotgun as my perimeter weapon. I would want enough firepower to keep the bad buys OUT of my house. I really wouldn't want to have a fire fight inside my home for a few reasons.

The further you can keep them away from your house, the better chance you have of surviving.

YMMV

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    I'm not an expert and but I'm not sure, I'd want just 5 shots from a shotgun as my perimeter weapon. I would want enough firepower to keep the bad buys OUT of my house. I really wouldn't want to have a fire fight inside my home for a few reasons.

The further you can keep them away from your house, the better chance you have of surviving.

YMMV

Fair enough... but at my house, you can't get a clear shot at anything farther than 50yds (maybe 75yds) due to the thick woods. Soooo... IMHO, better chance of hitting something with 00 buck than a single 7.62 round. Nine 00 buck times five is forty five .30cal lead balls going down range vs ten from the SKS box magazine and then deal with stripper clips.

I still like my shotguns. :D

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Fair enough... but at my house, you can't get a clear shot at anything farther than 50yds (maybe 75yds) due to the thick woods. Soooo... IMHO, better chance of hitting something with 00 buck than a single 7.62 round. Nine 00 buck times five is forty five .30cal lead balls going down range vs ten from the SKS box magazine and then deal with stripper clips.

I still like my shotguns. :D

You need an AR. :D

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    At Elite Shooting Sports tomorrow evening if your intersted!! I know it's short notice, but it's still notice!!:D

Damn!! Have my monthly poker night tomorrow.
    I still want to get out there with you sometime. We need to plan something in the spring outdoors. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom