Whats your OPTIC of choice for 1st AR15?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Install was obviously a breeze. I love it so far, cant wait for a range test. Can't believe I paid more for it than I did for my Glock lol. Rugged and solid feeling, nice case too.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Here we go: Spike's ST-15 lower, Magpul grip, LWRC LPK, BCM 16" midlength upper w/ Troy Medieval brake (not pictured), BCM BCG, BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 CH, VLTOR EMod stock (not pictured), Magpul ASAP plate (single point sling attachment), Magpul BUIS/Eotech XPS2-0 (Absolute Co-witness, no riser, no quick detach). Total LOADED weight is 8.4lbs.

15fa0e5a-a535-49ef-9b8b-45e63c5a1876_zps07ff1d28.jpg

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    I have an Aimpoint CompM2 on my AR. Every time it comes out of the case the sight is dead on, so I'm reasonably confident it'll do the job if I ever seriously need it to.

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    Troy fixed battle sights are the only "optic" I use. Bought a Vortex Strikefire just to try it out. Worst idea ever, the power button easily turns on while in a gun bag or even a pelican style case. And the dot is not very uniformed, almost grainy if you will. Strikefire=FAIL

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Troy fixed battle sights are the only "optic" I use. Bought a Vortex Strikefire just to try it out. Worst idea ever, the power button easily turns on while in a gun bag or even a pelican style case. And the dot is not very uniformed, almost grainy if you will. Strikefire=FAIL

Turn the power down, otherwise the dot gets grainy. It's worse of you have astigmatism.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Turn the power down, otherwise the dot gets grainy. It's worse of you have astigmatism.

Maybe that's why I hate EOTechs so much... I have astigmatism and it feels like I'm staring into a freaking bunch of lasers when I look thru one.

For me the AimPoint is the only RDO I can use without issues.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Maybe that's why I hate EOTechs so much... I have astigmatism and it feels like I'm staring into a freaking bunch of lasers when I look thru one.

For me the AimPoint is the only RDO I can use without issues.

Are you focusing on the "dot"? I had the same problem until I took it to the range and pointed it at something the EOTech cleared right up.

I have not had the privilege using an aimpoint, I have an EOTech XPS 3-2 and I love it for shooting with both eyes open and the FOV, I have Primary arms Aimpoint knock off that is solid and no matter how hard i try I always revert to one eye shooting looking down the tube. All the ones named and most of the knock offs at Primary Arms are very good for the money.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Are you focusing on the "dot"? I had the same problem until I took it to the range and pointed it at something the EOTech cleared right up.

I have not had the privilege using an aimpoint, I have an EOTech XPS 3-2 and I love it for shooting with both eyes open and the FOV, I have Primary arms Aimpoint knock off that is solid and no matter how hard i try I always revert to one eye shooting looking down the tube. All the ones named and most of the knock offs at Primary Arms are very good for the money.

I shoot both eyes open and it still bothers me. Reminds me of virtual boy or something, like a bunch of tiny lasers making up the reticle image. With an Aimpoint I see a clean dot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    People think $600 plus a $200 LaRue mount is too expensive. Oh, well. more for me! :D

I ran the scope on one of my older ar's in a diffrent mount ( waiting on my larue) I have to say it was fast on target aquastion and the bdc is right one!

This was a great buy and great advice to buy it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom