• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    Hey blade gurus. Need some advice on an edc. Currently I'm thinking between 3 knives because of their price points. They aren't too expensive.
    Spyderco Manix 2
    Spyderco Endura 4 (both super lightweight and i've always wanted a spyderco knives)
    Sog Aegis (from the reviews online seems to be lightweight and and solid knife)

I have a few Benchmade knives that i don't feel comfortable edc because if i were to lose them i would probably cry.

Anyways looking for a good solid edc knife that fairly lightweight.
    Looking in the $50-$70 range all other suggestions are welcomed. :D

Look at the BUCK VANTAGE line select , Avid and the PRO. I carry a pro for everyday and on the weekend and night I carry a Pro Force. I just started carrying a Esse Izula II at work it is also in your price range.

Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Maybe even the FFG version if you're looking for that extra cutting performance.

:thumbsup:

X2. I've got an orange handle FFG Endura. Sweet knife and the VG10 blade is easy to maintain.

In route, is Spyderco Southard Flipper. It should arrive in the next couple of days. Pretty excited about that one. I'm predicting the southard to take top spot on the carry rotation.

Draico

Apr 29, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Spyderco Endura 4 FFG on the way :D
    i like the flat grind as an edc. Not as tacticool as other blade forms but flat grind is perfect for an edc I think.
    Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Spyderco Endura 4 FFG on the way :D
    i like the flat grind as an edc. Not as tacticool as other blade forms but flat grind is perfect for an edc I think.
    Thanks for helping me make up my mind.

Spend some time with a foam mouse-pad and 400-1000 grit fine sandpaper and you'll turn that pup into a convex edge. FFG dropping down to a convex is probably the best cutter you can have.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Hey blade gurus. Need some advice on an edc. Currently I'm thinking between 3 knives because of their price points. They aren't too expensive.
    Spyderco Manix 2
    Spyderco Endura 4 (both super lightweight and i've always wanted a spyderco knives)

I have a few Benchmade knives that i don't feel comfortable edc because if i were to lose them i would probably cry.

I have the Aegis and its great. Awesome pocket clip, fast action, FFG blade and priced well enough that if I lose it overboard then I'm not out a $$$ knife.

I also picked up a Byrd Cara Cara and its BIG, but also very nice for the $25 price point. I need to adjust the tension, its a bit of a harder deploy.

The Kershaw Chill is smaller, but great clip and flipper comes out fast. $20 EDC blade cant go wrong.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Spyderco Manix 2

The Endura is a great knife and the Waved Endura is awesome. BUT...I would advise carrying the Benchmades. They were made to be used :)

I carry a Chris Reeve on me 24-7 that costs between $400 and $650 depending on the model and I beat the piss out of them. A lot of people buy CRKs and baby them or don't carry them because they are 'too nice' which I never really got given they were made to be the knife in the pocket, not the showcase.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    RogersRangers2012.jpg

^^^That.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I love bowie knives and autos. I've been thinking of a OTF auto. Just can't justify spending the money right now.

You can often find the Microtech Ultratechs for a decent price that a collector has owned and not used. Benchmade makes a few HK OTFs that are less expensive than their flagship Infidel 3300/3100. No experience with the HK tho but Benchmade doesn't sell a product if it isn't good.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Just for my first blue box benchmade, 1 of 250 special edition griptillians made, I absolutely love the grips. And the blade has been cerakoted.

Nice! Congrats! Going to be a user?

I learned that nothing beats a smooth handle on a user knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom