• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SlowShooter

SeaWaves not TigerStripes
    Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Augie, How are your groups shooting off hand in T shirt (with the best ammo you have)? If the SA stock worked, I would not spent more than $100 for the GI stock. I own this rifle since August 2011. It fails to impress me and it becomes a parade rifle ever since.
    Blacksmith101, I did try german, austrian and greece surplus. I have seen better groups but not justify for $2000 I already spent on the gun. Compare to my $550 +$200(reddot) MAS49/56 in the lousy .308(should be mention only as 7.62NATO) which has been drops several times and really ugly, It just does not make any sense!

SlowShooter

Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Overboost44, bulleye don't have to be black. You will see my white bulleye next test.

RDC, some wolf ammos are excellence. Go figure!

Attachments

• wolf1.jpg
      wolf1.jpg
      52.2 KB · Views: 366
    • wolf2.jpg
      wolf2.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 363
    • wolf3.jpg
      wolf3.jpg
      36.4 KB · Views: 369

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Completely honest? If it were my post, I would've posted not only the pic, but as much information as possible for people to go off of. Your opening post is kinda like someone going to the doctor and saying "I hurt." ;) But it's not my post and everyone is different. Personally, I would've put as much info as possible in opening post so people wouldn't suggest things that I already tried and knew didn't work/wasn't the cause. Good luck, I'm curious as to what the cause is.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Wait a second....This was all a ruse! The M1A is not C&R, and therefore what's wrong with this picture is that it should have been posted in the "Rifles" forum.

I win! How many internets does this get me? :D

SlowShooter

Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Here we go,

This time I rested the rifle completely on rice bag (see picture). No rear bag was used. I fired SKIP's ammo first. The group was tight but at least 2 to 3 fliers due to bore needed warm up shots and I forget (sorry SKIP). The next 10 group was German stuff and the last 10 was Wolf Polyformance 145gr (not Wolf Performance Ammunition, they are diffrence). Shots fire 2 minutes apart to keep up with the range section timing. Please look at the results and let me know if they are what you expect to see. Thanks.

Notes: The reason I picked C&R for this thread because I believe M1A/M14 should be listed as C&R so Maryland's new generation of shooters can enjoy them. I also have Austrian Surplus but ran out of time so....

Attachments

• M1A_setup.jpg
      M1A_setup.jpg
      120.4 KB · Views: 311
    • M1A_SKIP.jpg
      M1A_SKIP.jpg
      41.2 KB · Views: 319
    • M1A_German_Men.jpg
      M1A_German_Men.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 313
    • M1A_WolfPolyformance.jpg
      M1A_WolfPolyformance.jpg
      34.8 KB · Views: 319

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Getting better, I would expect to see groups at least 1/2 that even with irons for a service grade M1A/M14.
    I would look thru the accuracy threads I posted and check out some of the easy stuff. Then I would try a couple boxes of Federal match, that stuff shoots well in just about any rifle.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Depending on what you 'aim' to do with that rifle, I think I would put it zero'ed at exactly 100 yards. Then just adjust your dope for targets further out.

Looks to me like you have it zero'ed at about 250 yards.

If you zero to 100, anything closer than 100 yards and you don't really need to worry about it.

figure301.jpg

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Completely honest? If it were my post, I would've posted not only the pic, but as much information as possible for people to go off of. Your opening post is kinda like someone going to the doctor and saying "I hurt." ;) But it's not my post and everyone is different. Personally, I would've put as much info as possible in opening post so people wouldn't suggest things that I already tried and knew didn't work/wasn't the cause. Good luck, I'm curious as to what the cause is.

Yup

SlowShooter

Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Getting better, I would expect to see groups at least 1/2 that even with irons for a service grade M1A/M14.
    I would look thru the accuracy threads I posted and check out some of the easy stuff. Then I would try a couple boxes of Federal match, that stuff shoots well in just about any rifle.

I have not seen any M1A around here do better than that. They may dress better with aluminum stock and and night force scope. If your gun is better than my. Bring over to AGC range and show us. Thanks in advance!

SlowShooter

Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Depending on what you 'aim' to do with that rifle, I think I would put it zero'ed at exactly 100 yards. Then just adjust your dope for targets further out.

Looks to me like you have it zero'ed at about 250 yards.

If you zero to 100, anything closer than 100 yards and you don't really need to worry about it.

figure301.jpg

I don't try to zero at this time. Just shoot for groups, and I don't really want to hit the black. My goal is to shoot off hand with no glove or vest, men don't go to battle field with bench, rest or shooting vest. Thanks for your comment.

SlowShooter

Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD

It draws your attention, It is not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom