• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMD354

I don't know how rare it is but I have a S&W Model 1500 rifle in 270 winchester. I have owned it for years and it still drops deer like a rock. The rifle seems to like pushing a 130gr sierra gameking btsp using 54.5 gr of IMR 4350.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Probably my German Railway (Deutsche Reichsbahn) marked CZ 27, not a rare model pistol by itself, but it's from a very early Nazi occupation DR contract run and they don't turn up very often.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      75.3 KB · Views: 302
    Jul 1, 2012
    Very cool, but strange as hell looking!! here is a video of the pistol and there is a quick pic of the guy shooting that rifle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpOcdyxvUvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6zcB83xng

That's Robert Mainhardt who was the "M" in MBAssociates. One of his marketing ploys was to take a carbine, put it up against his nose, and fire. Because of the rocket design there's no recoil and that was a pretty graphic way to demonstrate. The carbine in the History Channel video is a later Mark I, Model B based on the position of the carry handle.

The three carbine variants are the Mark I (aka Model A) "Experimental", Mark I Model B "Military" and Mark I, Model B "Sporter" The scope is kind of a joke as the accuracy could be measured in feet, not MOA. Photos courtesy of Mel Carpenter.

Presentation case for a pistol included dummy rounds and Robert Goddard medallion. The nickel-plated dummies are harder to find than the actual ammo, especially without the fake primers being "snapped."

Attachments

• Mark I Carbine.jpg
      Mark I Carbine.jpg
      13.3 KB · Views: 249
    • Mk I B Carbine.jpg
      Mk I B Carbine.jpg
      14.1 KB · Views: 252
    • Sporter Carbine.jpg
      Sporter Carbine.jpg
      12.5 KB · Views: 246
    • 4s.JPG
      4s.JPG
      9 KB · Views: 257
    Last edited:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Man, that's some cool stuff. I see what the concept was - develop something new or better for firearms, but it seems that even though it worked, it had enough flaws that it just wasn't viable at the time.

My son and I were discussing just last night when showing a couple of guns to a friend who had come over the fact that in many ways, firearms development peaked around 100 years ago. There have been new developments and better ways to do things along the way, but the basics are still there:

Self-contained metallic cartridge containing percussion actuated ignition, propellant and projectile
    Rifled barrels to guide the projectile

We've made some tweaks along the way - particularly with automatic actions, but the basics of small arms hasn't changed much in a long, long time.

That part of the discussion came when we were talking about a Colt 1911 I own - mine was made in 1941, but it's the same basic design that JMB came up with over 100 years ago, and is still being made today.

Jul 1, 2012
    Crazy stuff man. Just for the heck of it I scanned GunBroker and there's over 10 Remington 700 EtronX listed ... who'd have thunk it? Avg. about $1k it seems.... needs special primers though. And don't take it thru an X-ray machine.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Some Olympic style target 22s have gone to electronic triggers. High end air guns too.

I've already posted photos of my 1918 "Black Army" 1911 Colt. Yesterday I found out how the slight holster damage was inflicted on this firearm. It was caused by the rivets connecting a brass 'cup' onto a canvas holster made by Mills Industries in 1914. Amazingly it's worth almost as much as the 1911. The problem is...........it wasn't with the gun when I bought it.

Attachments

• IMG_0906.jpg
      IMG_0906.jpg
      72.8 KB · Views: 199
    • Mills canvas holster.jpg
      Mills canvas holster.jpg
      89.7 KB · Views: 203
    I've already posted photos of my 1918 "Black Army" 1911 Colt. Yesterday I found out how the slight holster damage was inflicted on this firearm. It was caused by the rivets connecting a brass 'cup' onto a canvas holster made by Mills Industries in 1914. Amazingly it's worth almost as much as the 1911. The problem is...........it wasn't with the gun when I bought it.

After combing the net I found several original and reproduction holsters. Even the repop was ridiculously expensive, but waaaayyy down the list I found an original for sale fairly cheap IN AUSTRALIA. It's gonna take a while but it's on the way. It was even cheaper after the money rate of exchange calculated. Aussie dollars are hurting more than ours amazingly.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    no idea if I posted in this thread back in 2014. I own two very rare shotguns. Part of American Waterfowling history, they are sort of brothers, the more valuable one is slightly more common. First and the rarest is an Ithaca NID Super 10 2 7/8" 10 gauge shotgun, Ithaca made less than 200 of these from about 1928 till they brought out the 10 gauge magnum a few years later. The second is its big brother the Ithaca NID magnum 10 in 3 1/2" 10 gauge. This is the gun that John Olin of Winchester asked to be built for his Super X roman candle. Ithaca made a few less than 800 of the magnums.
    The magnums are more expensive than the supers. The one I need to complete the set is the 3" 12 gauge NID also really rare, closer in numbers to the super 10's and most have been bubba'd with opening chokes since steel.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Can’t believe it’s the case today and wouldn’t have when I bought it, but my early release KBI imported IMI Jericho 941.

Since Cowboy Bebop has gotten more popular, these have been fetching a premium on Gunbroker. I’ve seen some go for $800 and up. I paid $340 or something for it in 2013.

It makes my weeb friends jelly.

4d1518e6092b57a226b3a40f0d07d3ae.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom