What's the major hurdle with the new gun bill to handing out single-shot shotguns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DTTS

Apr 14, 2013
    I've been trying to figure out what the new gun bill will mean for the Armed Citizen Project in Maryland.

It seems to me that I will still be able to arm Baltimore residents with shotguns after they pass a background check and take the mandatory safety training. Or am I missing something vital?

SFbrah

ლ(ಠ_ಠ )ლ
    Jul 30, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    1. Welcome to the forum!
    2. Assuming the shotgun doesn't have evil features (i believe detach mag and folding stock) or is specifically named as an "assault weapon" (which i doubt any single shot or pump was) it will remain unregulated and transfer practices will remain exactly the same (i.e. FTF).
    3. I didn't realize there was an Armed Citizen Project in MD, good on you guys for helping out the folks who need protection the most.

Anyone, feel free correct me if im wrong.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    To my knowledge, it has no effect if you mean non-regulated single-shot or pump shotguns. Training and licensing only applies to regulated guns (handguns and some long guns).

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I would like to donate some money to this effort. How are are you getting the shotguns to provide to the residents - is a manufacturer or someone donating them? What about ammo? How do you do the background checks? What maryland neighborhoods are you targeting?

DTTS

Apr 14, 2013
    1. Welcome to the forum!
    2. Assuming the shotgun doesn't have evil features (i believe detach mag and folding stock) or is specifically named as an "assault weapon" (which i doubt any single shot or pump was) it will remain unregulated and transfer practices will remain exactly the same (i.e. FTF).
    3. I didn't realize there was an Armed Citizen Project in MD, good on you guys for helping out the folks who need protection the most.

Anyone, feel free correct me if im wrong.

We're working on it. I still have to find a reliable supplier and set up a good team of people before it becomes a reality. Baltimore and many other cities in Maryland certainly need us.

Thanks for the info.

To my knowledge, it has no effect if you mean non-regulated single-shot or pump shotguns. Training and licensing only applies to regulated guns (handguns and some long guns).

If and only if it is an autoloader. Pump guns, breech loaders, etc, are not covered at all by the bill.

This applies to all shotguns.

Thanks Boom Boom and Hawkeye.

I would like to donate some money to this effort. How are are you getting the shotguns to provide to the residents - is a manufacturer or someone donating them? What about ammo? How do you do the background checks? What maryland neighborhoods are you targeting?

You can donate to the organization directly via our website www.armedcitizenproject.org, but if you want to directly donate to the establishment of a project in Maryland I'd say hold off.

We do accept donations of shotguns, however.

What happens is we pay a gun store/supplier for the guns and to cover background checks. The candidate goes and signs up for the gun and gets to take it home after taking a safety course.

We have not specifically designated a single neighborhood yet, we need to research the various areas first. Most likely the city we want to help first will be Baltimore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom