• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    "Therefore, you may purchase detachable mags over 10 rounds where legal and bring them into the state"

"Maryland law does not mention possession or use, therefore those two activities are legal"

I disagree. If you go to another state, purchase the magazine and then bring it to Maryland, you have just transferred it, which is prohibited. Also, while apparently not defined in the Maryland code, one of the definitions of "receive" is, "to take into one's possession". Receiving is also prohibited.

You may disagree, but you're wrong. You may not receive them IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND. Buy them where legal, receive them where legal, and then bring them back to Maryland with you. No laws broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    So, disagreeing with your interpretation of the law makes me a troll? Or is it your 6,800 posts to my 5 that does it? Prejudice doesn't bother me at all, I'll be just fine here.

I still disagree. Transfer as a verb means to convey or remove from one place, person, etc., to another. I believe that possession was left out of this section of the law because if you previously owned these standard capacity magazines before the law was changed, you may still legally possess them.

I believe the new law is clearly about prohibiting you from obtaining them in any way since the law went into effect.

Why would the state, under the new law, consider it legal for you to use a standard capacity magazine that you purchased out of state, yet hand down such a severe penalty (first violation, 5 year minimum prison sentence) for using such magazines during the commission of a felony or crime of violence.

I don't agree with the ban on standard capacity magazines but I do believe it is illegal to bring one in from out of state and use it. I may be wrong and if proven so, I will happily say that I was wrong. It just doesn't make sense to me that the state is saying you can't buy one here but hey, it's fine for you to go buy them in Virginia and bring them in to Maryland no problem.

FIFY

shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    You didn't fix it, you modified it, therefore it is no longer my post. Why don't you post something useful instead of modifying other people's posts? :nono:

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    Why don't you post something useful instead of beating a dead horse with regard to the legality of procuring and possessing STANDARD capacity magazines in the state. The search function is there for a reason.

shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    I'm not beating a dead horse, you are. If you actually read the thread before posting, you would see that I dropped my point of view back at post #39. :innocent0

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Why don't you post something useful instead of beating a dead horse with regard to the legality of procuring and possessing STANDARD capacity magazines in the state. The search function is there for a reason.

I don't think you need to worry too much, at this rate he won't be here long.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    So, disagreeing with your interpretation of the law makes me a troll? Or is it your 6,800 posts to my 5 that does it? Prejudice doesn't bother me at all, I'll be just fine here.

I still disagree. Transfer as a verb means to convey or remove from one place, person, etc., to another. I believe that possession was left out of this section of the law because if you previously owned these higher capacity magazines before the law was changed, you may still legally possess them.

I believe the new law is clearly about prohibiting you from obtaining them in any way since the law went into effect.

Why would the state, under the new law, consider it legal for you to use a high capacity magazine that you purchased out of state, yet hand down such a severe penalty (first violation, 5 year minimum prison sentence) for using such magazines during the commission of a felony or crime of violence.

I don't agree with the ban on high capacity magazines but I do believe it is illegal to bring one in from out of state and use it. I may be wrong and if proven so, I will happily say that I was wrong. It just doesn't make sense to me that the state is saying you can't buy one here but hey, it's fine for you to go buy them in Virginia and bring them in to Maryland no problem.

MD applies the same logic to AR 15s. You can't buy one with the M4 profile barrel but you can buy the exact same one with an HBAR. See the logic? There is none. MD laws suck and they do a great job of confusing everyone including MSP. The ridiculous gun laws only affect and hinder law abiding citizens.

Joeygregory01

May 9, 2023
    Maryland
    I KNOW THE RULES HAVE CHANGED WITH MAGAZINE CAPACITY DOES THAT APPLY TO 22LR ARE WELL.
    Yes I just looked it up was a arrested and purchasing a 22 that had a 20 or 30 round magazine. And the only way you can have more than 10 round 22 purchase It has to be A. tube fed Gun magazine whatever that means I'm assuming internally loading. But as far as. Ten rounds on everything However, you can buy the gun if the seller removes the magazine if not the f. Fl will.
    And you can easily go to pennsylvania like I do and load Up, it's legal every time I go. I'm buy a magazine's for guns that I may purchase down the road. I'm trying to find my F Fl number now NPA my dude to see if there's a gun that I'm gonna buy that has a 30 round. Or 20 round magazine that is a handgun.
    If I order the Gun had a chip tire. Have it shipped here to local f. F. L if I can have him if I pay Uber the phone order. The magazines for me from the website to his f. F. L. And I go pick them up $700 gun goes on sale every so often.for 299 the five point seven rock Put a few take attractive PA if you take a trip to PA or V. A, they have all that s*** and stock.
    22 mags. You can even buy the drums if you want to I don't suggest they jam very easily get dirty quick and are Gonna be clear in malfunctional day But it's legal

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Yes I just looked it up was a arrested and purchasing a 22 that had a 20 or 30 round magazine. And the only way you can have more than 10 round 22 purchase It has to be A. tube fed Gun magazine whatever that means I'm assuming internally loading. But as far as. Ten rounds on everything However, you can buy the gun if the seller removes the magazine if not the f. Fl will.
    And you can easily go to pennsylvania like I do and load Up, it's legal every time I go. I'm buy a magazine's for guns that I may purchase down the road. I'm trying to find my F Fl number now NPA my dude to see if there's a gun that I'm gonna buy that has a 30 round. Or 20 round magazine that is a handgun.
    If I order the Gun had a chip tire. Have it shipped here to local f. F. L if I can have him if I pay Uber the phone order. The magazines for me from the website to his f. F. L. And I go pick them up $700 gun goes on sale every so often.for 299 the five point seven rock Put a few take attractive PA if you take a trip to PA or V. A, they have all that s*** and stock.
    22 mags. You can even buy the drums if you want to I don't suggest they jam very easily get dirty quick and are Gonna be clear in malfunctional day But it's legal
    What the Holy heck man!
    A 2014 tread. Could you not find an older one to post too.
    You should spend some time on the rules section before you get to 7 posts!

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019

Thank you for the well thought out and detailed instructions, Just in time for the 2024 session!

Your truly
    Sen. JEFFREY D. WALDSTREICHER
    Democrat, District 18, Montgomery County

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom