What's the going rate on a WASR with two 30 round mags?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Diogenes

Roll Tide!
    Apr 9, 2011
    Paducah, KY
    I've got an old romanian AK that I've been thinking about selling/trading for quite some time. I recently moved back to Alabama, and with an assault weapons ban being discussed in DC the entire state has sold out of "assault weapons." I figure it's a sellers market. What do you guys think they're going for these days. I bought it used for like $250 I think back in the day, and it has a slight amount of barrel cant. It shoots straight and it's got tapco black synthetic furniture with a side folder.

Any ballpark estimates?

4E040BE5-orig-1.jpg

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I'd give you between 400-500 for it, although 500 would be a stretch for me (maybe if there was some ammo to sweeten the deal or some mags that we could meet out of state for) some might give more with the recent events. Do some research on gun broker and other sites and see what is closest to what you have. If you're going to sell, shoot me a pm with the price. I'd be interested.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    It's not a WASR, btw. it's either an SAR-1 or a ROMAK. Both are looked for by collectors because of their limited numbers, but frankly, none are really all that great as actual shooters. I had an SAR-1 and while I'd love to have it back for its "neatness" factor, it just wasn't cutting the mustard as far as shootability/accuracy (6-8" at 100 yards vs. 2-4 for my other ak's at the time). FSB, GB, and RSB were all canted, the finish was HORRIBLE, and the muzzle *COULD* be threaded, but they were not very deep, and terribly ineffective. I ended up having a slant brake spot welded on at 12/3/6/9 just to make sure it didn't fly off while being fired. Fixed the cant, refinished it, put it in non-crap wood, and sold it for a tremendously nice profit a couple years later. Used that to buy a few kits just before prices started rising, right when the whole barrel ban mess was unfolding.

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    It's not a WASR, btw. it's either an SAR-1 or a ROMAK. Both are looked for by collectors because of their limited numbers, but frankly, none are really all that great as actual shooters. I had an SAR-1 and while I'd love to have it back for its "neatness" factor, it just wasn't cutting the mustard as far as shootability/accuracy (6-8" at 100 yards vs. 2-4 for my other ak's at the time). FSB, GB, and RSB were all canted, the finish was HORRIBLE, and the muzzle *COULD* be threaded, but they were not very deep, and terribly ineffective. I ended up having a slant brake spot welded on at 12/3/6/9 just to make sure it didn't fly off while being fired. Fixed the cant, refinished it, put it in non-crap wood, and sold it for a tremendously nice profit a couple years later. Used that to buy a few kits just before prices started rising, right when the whole barrel ban mess was unfolding.

Wait you like AKs?

Diogenes

Roll Tide!
    Apr 9, 2011
    Paducah, KY

How can you tell it's not a wasr?

She ain't pretty but i can usually shoot 30 rounds into a 5 inch circle standing with iron sights at 100 yards.

You guys are hilarious. This might be the ONLY AK for sale in the state if alabama. That's got to do something for the price.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom