What's the fastest you have sold a gun after purchase? Why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    As part of another thread I commented about how surprised I was that people would buy a gun, not shoot it and then sell or consign the gun with a lgs. So what's the fastest you have gotten rid of a gun? Make/Model? Why? Was it for another gun? How much did you shoot it before selling it? Years ago I sold a Browning Citori and bought a Remington 3200 because I was shooting my friends' 3200's better than my own gun. I shot the Citori for a year or two before selling it though. This should be interesting.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Didn't even have the gun in my hands, sold it during my 7 day wait. I actually wanted the gun and it was a great price but I sold it to help a friend get his dads old service weapon back.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Didn't even have the gun in my hands, sold it during my 7 day wait. I actually wanted the gun and it was a great price but I sold it to help a friend get his dads old service weapon back.

Wow! Good friend! :thumbsup:

I bought and sold an HK P30. Had it for 2 months. Bought it because I loved the ergonomics. Sold it because it was the shittiest trigger I've ever felt.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Only ever sold one. My Mossberg plinkster after about 9 months. Ended up deciding I wanted a 10/22 to have something I could work on and there just isn't much for a plinkster. Wife said if you want a new gun, get rid of one.

Now she isn't so tight with guns...but I've still been given the ultimatum of no more guns. Well, for awhile. I've got some major house renovations coming up in a few months. Of course I've got a bare lower sitting around and had bought it before she said no more guns. I mean, the ATF considers that a gun...so I guess I could still build it out and not violate the letter of the prohibition. :-)

SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016
    Sold a 1911 after a couple of months.

Even after taking to the best gunsmith in the area, it would jam every now and again.

Did not trust it, sold that piece of sht.

Went back to my glock world and never looked back (until I purchased some revolvers this year).

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    kLouROX.jpg

S&W Model 29 Silhouette - 10 5/8" barrel with a dial-in front sight. I bought it specifically for IHMSA competition. A week later, IHMSA folded-shop and I traded it, unfired, for something else. I don't recall what it was I traded for but I didn't see any point in owning a gun that was only practical for one application. It probably would've been a great revolver for IHMSA matches.

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    kLouROX.jpg

S&W Model 29 Silhouette - 10 5/8" barrel with a dial-in front sight. I bought it specifically for IHMSA competition. A week later, IHMSA folded-shop and I traded it, unfired, for something else. I don't recall what it was I traded for but I didn't see any point in owning a gun that was only practical for one application. It probably would've been a great revolver for IHMSA matches.

Had the same gun for NRA silhouette. Loved the sights. I sold it after getting out of silhouette shooting but I sure wish I hadn't.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My first pistol was a s&w sigma. Had it a week and bought an xdm to replace it. I guess I had it for a month total...

Rouchna, I've never fired a p30 but my sigma was the WORST trigger I ever felt.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Ithaca Super Single. Bought it at a table at a Jacksonville, NC gun show for $60. Sold it three tables later for $175. Didn't own it five minutes.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I don't know if this counts but, I came home with a lower and an ar and when my wife saw the ar she immediately claimed it as hers. 3 1/2 years later that ar has had 20 rounds through it.
    It was my gun afor about an hour.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Remington 700 BDL 7mm Magnum I bought used at a gun shop. Had it maybe 2 hours. Took it home, shot it (very accurate). When opening the bolt, it would come all of the way out of the action(bolt stop broken or stuck?) and when I wiped the rifle down with oil, a lot of the "blueing"(actually permanent marker) wiped off to reveal a very wore down gray instead of blue barrel. Took it back and traded it even up for a brand new Remington 700 ADL 30-06. Sighted it in and then sold it within a week(I was 18 making little money and my damn GMC Jimmy broke down...needed $). I paid $415 for the 7mm, traded it even up for the $325 ADL 30-06 and sold the 30-06 for $275. During the same year I also bought a Remington 700 ADL 22-250, put a Tasco 6-24 scope on it, sighted it in with 9 shots, and sold it for$400. I was a buy high and sell low moron. Several people made money off of me as well as got good deals:sad20:

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I don't know if this counts but, I came home with a lower and an ar and when my wife saw the ar she immediately claimed it as hers. 3 1/2 years later that ar has had 20 rounds through it.
    It was my gun afor about an hour.

I know that feeling. Shortly after getting married, my wife claimed my AR. After a few times of shooting my PTR91 at longer ranges she is trying to claim that as her's too, but I tell her she has the AR and the PTR is mine.

In response to the topic, I have never sold any guns, but I also haven't bought too many either.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Wow! Good friend! :thumbsup:

I bought and sold an HK P30. Had it for 2 months. Bought it because I loved the ergonomics. Sold it because it was the shittiest trigger I've ever felt.

That's funny because I own a P30L. I bought it before the VP9 came out. I love the gun even with the bad trigger.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    My first pistol was a s&w sigma. Had it a week and bought an xdm to replace it. I guess I had it for a month total...

Rouchna, I've never fired a p30 but my sigma was the WORST trigger I ever felt.

The Sigma may have a worst trigger, but a $900 gun shouldn't. :mad54:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I bought a pair of Stevens rolling block action kid sized rifles as part of a package deal purchase. About 2 weeks later someone made me a very generous offer on the lesser quality rifle of the pair, so I let it go. I also received a Stevens falling block rifle in the deal. I'd like to like the falling block gun better, but the Stevens Junior is just more fun than the Crackshot.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I bought several firearms from an individual. One was a G22 and I already owned one but had to buy them all to do the deal so when I came back after the waiting period I left the g34 ther to be sold by the FFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom