• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I have an AR gold and a CMC single stage, both are very good triggers. The AR gold is pretty amazing. My other two trigger are RRA two stagers.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    By far the best drop in trigger I have found. You really need to check it out.

Rise Armament RA-535

I bought their cheaper pack trigger for my 15-22, it was about $100 and claimed a 3.5lb pull. I would be surprised if it is even that heavy. It has no creep and a very light pull. I'm not sure I'd want it on a self-defense gun for that very reason, but I sure like it for this application!

MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    I've used jewels for years and have been very happy. Apparently I'm the only one using them anymore. I don't see anyone else recommending them.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I've used jewels for years and have been very happy. Apparently I'm the only one using them anymore. I don't see anyone else recommending them.

I use jewel for my bolt guns, but giessle for my ARs

teawhy

Mar 24, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    I'm researching replacement triggers, and the options seem endless, so I'm glad this question was asked (though I'm not as concerned about staying under $200).

I'm leaning towards something more home defense/combat purposed (just in case), but that is still great for range use. Geissele seems to be a crowd favorite, but honestly I'm not sold on the idea of a 2-stage trigger.
    Looking to resurrect this conversation, and see if these preferences still stand.

Also, my research has turned up JP enterprises and Hiperfire, any opinions/experience with those?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I'm researching replacement triggers, and the options seem endless, so I'm glad this question was asked (though I'm not as concerned about staying under $200).

I'm leaning towards something more home defense/combat purposed (just in case), but that is still great for range use. Geissele seems to be a crowd favorite, but honestly I'm not sold on the idea of a 2-stage trigger.
    Looking to resurrect this conversation, and see if these preferences still stand.

Also, my research has turned up JP enterprises and Hiperfire, any opinions/experience with those?

I have a Hiperfire 24C. You wouldn't want it for home defense. It is an excellent and fast single stage trigger.

Geissele 2-stage makes sense for what you're looking for and 20% off sales (like the one that most places are currently running and Geissele themselves will run tomorrow) are quite frequent to bring the high end triggers under $200.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I have a Hiperfire 24C. You wouldn't want it for home defense. It is an excellent and fast single stage trigger.

Geissele 2-stage makes sense for what you're looking for and 20% off sales (like the one that most places are currently running and Geissele themselves will run tomorrow) are quite frequent to bring the high end triggers under $200.
    I also have a Hiperfire 24C in a race gun. It is an amazing trigger, but I have to agree that it is probably not a good idea for a life and liberty type gun. There is zero pretravel and not much in the way of over travel. I love it for what it is, and it has been super reliable, but with the "high power" hammer assist springs installed, the trigger is about 2lbs in my gun. That is too light for "duty" use.

I have a hipertouch EDT3 trigger (paid $80 as part of a red Barn armory build your own lpk sale) in a life and liberty type gun. I respect and now agree with Chad's opinion about 2 stage triggers--and let's face it, you should probably listen to him over any of us--but so far I have not had any issues with it. I installed it long before joining MDS, and have had no cause to doubt its reliability or safety. Reviews are slim but generally positive, for what that is worth.

I have used ALG ACTs in the past, and they are great. I don't have mine installed on anything right now, but that will probably change the next time I build an AR.

I like the Larue MBT a lot. I think it is the best value/quality 2 stage trigger on the market. It is in my .308 AR pattern rifle.

I used a Geissele SSF trigger when I was in the military, and it was great. I keep meaning to buy a couple geissele triggers (for science!), but the prices keep making me look elsewhere. I'll get around to it eventually.

If someone wanted a "duty gun" trigger recommendation, I would personally recommend Larue MBT or Geissele 2stage/SSA/SSA-E. For 3 gun, I think the Hipertouch 24C is as good as any. For long range shooting, Geissele High Speed National Match makes the most sense. I don't like reduced power hammer springs or anything that might result in slow lock time or light primer strikes on hard primers. It is a fairly arbitrary line to draw, but there you have it. So in summary, ignore me and listen to Chad :P

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'll admit I own a Timney, two POFs, and a Hiperfire EDT. Plus a regular milspec trigger. All but the milspec have 4-4.5 lb trigger pulls. The milspec triggered AR is a SD/HD/CD carbine with a carry handle upper receiver. The light triggers are for competition guns. All of the light triggers have great trigger pulls, and very obvious and short resets. If I had to have a trigger that feels good, lights milspec primers every time, and has a fast reset, I'd go with the EDT. For precision shooting I'm using Timney. The POFs go in my 3-gun and PCC rifles. I'm not a fan of two stage triggers on rifles that need to shoot close and far targets.

teawhy

Mar 24, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    Awesome feed back, thanks. I've never used a 2stage trigger because 1) it was never issued to me and 2) bought a complete AR off the self. However, it sounds like I need to get over my hesitation and enjoy the upgrade

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Awesome feed back, thanks. I've never used a 2stage trigger because 1) it was never issued to me and 2) bought a complete AR off the self. However, it sounds like I need to get over my hesitation and enjoy the upgrade ��
    I expect you'll love one if you try a good one. Good luck choosing just one!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Can't go wrong with a LaRue MBT or a Geissele SSA or SSA-E.

The above are 2 stage and it's all I will use. Reliable, durable, SAFE when fouled or in odd shooting positions, great for fast shooting, and duty/defensive uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom