• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hk21guy

Nov 12, 2009
    glen burnie/pasadena
    whats going on the past 2 months? every range has been packed. Are people starting to come out of the wood works know and fearing the worse is coming?
    I am not complaining just trying to figure out whats going on. It's good for all the ranges.... :party29:

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    It's been that way since Obama was elected. I started noticing it at Hap around that time at least. Lots of new people too, which is both good and bad. Good for the sport but bad for safety, the RO's at various ranges should all have gray hair.

Ammo prices also came down so people can actually shoot lol. A lot of people shot less or not at all while panic drove ammo through the roof (and I hope the people who did panic buys that kept the price up choked on their supply....).

Plus the population is increasing but how many new ranges are there?

Over all, the increase in shooting is a good thing. More allies.

Splitter

taidickerson

Sep 26, 2009
    Annapolis
    I was wondering the same thing. I had a rare day off during the week yesterday and thought I would go try to sight in my new 7 Mag at an "empty range". I went to Myrtle Grove and ended up waiting an hour to shoot. Not a big deal and I'm not complaining, but I was just surprised it was so packed on a Wednesday afternoon.

On a side note, if anyone wants to sight in a new scope on a Browning X-Bolt 7 Mag, let me know. That SOB kicks like a freaking mule and my shoulder is killing me today. It weighing less than 7 pounds is great for carrying through the mountains but is not a good thing for the recoil.

rondon600

Mar 16, 2009
    not much business going on so why not spend a nice day at the range!

ammo prices down and availability up

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    I can't comment on the last two months, but it has been warmer the last few weekends and sunlight is lasting longer. Plus the end of November and most of December/early January are filled with family gatherings, holidays, and parties. Don't forget the shopping. People are pretty busy. With the holidays over and the weather warming, people have time and maybe also some cash to shoot more. I agree that some ammo prices have come down to normal and availablity is up too.

I really don't like the cold, so I don't shoot much in the dead of winter. The shorter sunlight duration also means I have less time to shoot at an outdoor dawn-dusk facility.

Grim Reaper

Jan 30, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    I have one, and Im quite popular. Sorry my experience, popularity, and humor bothers you so bad......well Im not really sorry........ but I tried to be sorry, but I couldnt. :lol2:
    Clandestine,
    I don't know you, but I hear you talk about how great of a gunsmith you are, and your always trashing Select Fire. Like I said I don't know you, and I haven't seen your work that I'm aware of. I have seen Select Fires work and its very good. I have had them build me several high end weapons that I have been more than satisfied with. Well I'm am challenging you to put your work up against Wayne's, and lets see who can build a better weapon. As far as Miltec being snake oil, well lets just say you should keep that opinion to yourself along with your .40 cal statement because your calling me and most of my law enforcement brothers and sisters gay, not a good idea. By the way I'm not Wayne, but he is a good friend of mine.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Clandestine,
    I don't know you, but I hear you talk about how great of a gunsmith you are, and your always trashing Select Fire. Like I said I don't know you, and I haven't seen your work that I'm aware of. I have seen Select Fires work and its very good. I have had them build me several high end weapons that I have been more than satisfied with. Well I'm am challenging you to put your work up against Wayne's, and lets see who can build a better weapon. As far as Miltec being snake oil, well lets just say you should keep that opinion to yourself along with your .40 cal statement because your calling me and most of my law enforcement brothers and sisters gay, not a good idea. By the way I'm not Wayne, but he is a good friend of mine.

Tough talk. Select Fire does indeed suck, I shot there many times when I was still naive in my earlier years, but now I wouldn't shoot there if they were the last range open. I drive 45 minutes from GB to a range because customer service does matter. As for .40, lacks the capacity of 9mm and the punch of .45 which the original intent of the cartridge did have when it was 10mm. .40 is the 10mm for the weak. Chad's work is well documented on the board here, check it out, it is impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom