Whatever happened to the applications of pre-stay permit filers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    It's been so long since I turned in my papers and had my MSP interview I almost forgot about it. I looked through a few pages of messages, but don't see any posts. Has anybody gotten denied letters?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    We are still in an active case.

Although the CA4 handed us a set back, Gura is within the 90 window to appeal to the SCOTUS. The appeal was announced in the Kachalsky cert petition.

There is some legal chess maneuvering going on right now. The Moore/Madigan case the state announced it will appeal ro the SCOTUS also, they were first in the block.

ron2shel

Oct 22, 2011
    i got a letter in the mail from msp yesterday stating i had 30 days to bring them a g&s reason or my app would be denied. Turn app in pre-stay. msp stated they couldn't hold the apps any longer.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Interesting - I thought a mandate had not been issued by CA4 as of yet and that our lawyerly members said MSP would be foolish to take action without that mandate...wonder if anyone from the EM pool @ MSI has any thoughts on this latest development...(i.e., should we be forwarding these letters to either MSI or, if a member, to SAF?)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As a wild guess , with only one sq in of alum foil taped to the brim of my hat :

MSP is either : 1. Feeling testy because they've been sued. 2. Realize that we've seen thru their attempt to cheaply co-opt us cheaply by going thru the motions of temporarily putting apps on hold, and are letting their true colors out.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Interesting - I thought a mandate had not been issued by CA4 as of yet and that our lawyerly members said MSP would be foolish to take action without that mandate...wonder if anyone from the EM pool @ MSI has any thoughts on this latest development...(i.e., should we be forwarding these letters to either MSI or, if a member, to SAF?)

I am an EM and have an app in, but have no official say in this. I will leave it to further deliberation and formal positioning.

That said, I'll offer this:

We have been recommending for over a year that all new developments be brought to the atention of MSI and SAF.

My personal inclination is that this is huge, and allowing them to deny us all will be the worst thing that could happen... TO THEM.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I am an EM and have an app in, but have no official say in this. I will leave it to further deliberation and formal positioning.

That said, I'll offer this:

We have been recommending for over a year that all new developments be brought to the atention of MSI and SAF.

My personal inclination is that this is huge, and allowing them to deny us all will be the worst thing that could happen... TO THEM.
    I sent a PM to Patrick and Esq. to see if they have any comments, and was thinking of sending a copy of any letter that I receive to SAF. While not an EM (yet), I agree with you - I am interested in the take from MSI leadership on how we faithful citizens of this state should respond.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I sent a PM to Patrick and Esq. to see if they have any comments, and was thinking of sending a copy of any letter that I receive to SAF. While not an EM (yet), I agree with you - I am interested in the take from MSI leadership on how we faithful citizens of this state should respond.

I've passed word along to the EMs and Leadership.

This will get interesting. Buckle up.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    It's been so long since I turned in my papers and had my MSP interview I almost forgot about it. I looked through a few pages of messages, but don't see any posts. Has anybody gotten denied letters?

Got mine today. If only I had some money that needed protecting, I could respond with a good and substantial the state would accept.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Man, this is going to f#$+k up their 97% approval rate.
    Oh yeah, they issue 3500-5k/year, and I believe there were ~365 pre-stay applicants. So even for a 5,000-applicant year, those individuals would more than triple their regular denial percentage. "Sure, its a legit program, with a 10% denial rate... :innocent0 "

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom