• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Centerpoint 4-16 mil-dot scope from Walmart. ( around 65 bucks)

Finally picked one of these up for marlin 795. Can't wait to get the pos I have on there off and try this out. Looks great for the $$, especially for a 22. Seems like several people around here say they hold up pretty well. They had another model, but I went 4-16 so I'll do a range report with pics after this weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    El, I think you are more then adequately scoped for the task at hand! I look forward to your impression after slinging some lead.
    Thanks for taking the time to post.
    http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/22rimfire.jpg

I'll keep you posted after the weekend. Gonna get it sighted in and throw a bunch of lead down range. Looking forward to shooting all kinds of stuff this weekend, but the 795 is one I really want to get squared away. It's a great little cheap gun to play with.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Got it out of the packaging and I have to say it seems (so far) to at least feel well made considering the price tag. Range on Sunday ;)

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Mounting and bore sighting the center point tonight, then sighting in/tweeking it tomorrow morning! Pics to come :)

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Mounting and bore sighting the center point tonight, then sighting in/tweeking it tomorrow morning! Pics to come :)

I'm actually quoting myself to publicly display my own stupidity. :(

So we waited until this morning to mount the scope and before we really got started I realized the ring mount at the base were WAY too big. Grrrrrr. So yippee, the scope can't be mounted, I should have checked ahead of time, and my step father got a good laugh at me. Lol. The scope looks stupid big for this tiny gun anyway, so either different mounts or get the smaller center point scope actually meant for rimfire that probably would have fit first shot.

Heading out to shoot some other toys now, but though you all could use a good chuckle a my expense for the doofus noob move ;)

msm

Oct 31, 2011
    A lot of guys on RimfireCentral.com running scoped .22's use Mueller APV's.
    http://muelleroptics.com/mapv451440
    Great scope for the money, and they have a lifetime warranty too. Give JoeBobOutfitters a call, their an Industry Partner. They carry Mueller APV's and have them listed for a great price with free shipping.
    http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Mueller_APV_Black_p/mapv451440.htm

I will second Flipz comment. I have one of those on my 10/22. Excellent scope, wide range of adjustment, good price. Joe Bob has a pretty good price too if you're just getting the scope.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Heres a pic of my Savage FV-SR with a Mueller APT (4.5x14 40mm AO). Its a great scope for the money with fantastic glass.

IMAG0105-1.jpg

msm

Oct 31, 2011
    I even dropped it (damn rifle fell off the sandbags) and it still shoots straight.

Good quality on the APVs for the price; I definitely recommend them.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I even dropped it (damn rifle fell off the sandbags) and it still shoots straight.

Good quality on the APVs for the price; I definitely recommend them.

The APV & APT are both great. The APT is basically an upgraded APV. It has a 30mm tube, mildot reticule, and target turrets. Im very happy with my APT and would definitely recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom