• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    From Caleb's (TOP SHOT) blog:
    http://gunnuts.net/2010/09/02/what-your-carry-gun-says-about-you/

There are lots of choices out there for carry guns, and because each gun is a personal choice your carry gun is a statement, whether or not you feel it is. It says something about you.

What you think it says: “I am suave, sophisticated pistolero that will only carry the finest in defensive handguns.”

What it actually says: “I really enjoy buying spare parts and endlessly testing magazines to make sure they work with my archaic firearm.”

Glock

What you think it says: “I am a serious shooter, dedicated to my sport and self defense and so I carry the most popular firearm in law enforcement.”

What it actually says: “I didn’t want to do any actual research before buying a gun, so I just bought this hunk of plastic.”

Smith & Wesson M&P

What you think it says: “I am a smart shooter! While I value the durability and lightweight of the polymer pistols, you should be able to customize your firearm for your hand size, which is why I carry an M&P.”

What it actually says: “The store was out of Glocks and the guy said this was like a Glock only better.”

Sig

What you think it says: “I am an elite shooter. This is the weapon of choice of Navy SEALs, and that means it’s awesome, so I’M AWESOME.”

What it actually says: “Long trigger pulls are okay with me! First shot accuracy isn’t important anyway, it’s all about volume of fire!”

HK

What you think it says: “Carrying this pistol means I’m serious about pistol-craft! I am a civilian WARRIOR.”

What it actually says: “I suck, and my gun hates me.”

Revolvers

What you think it says: “This is a more elegant weapon from a more civilized age; I am a connoisseur of firearms akin to the Jedi Knights and their lightsabers.”

What it actually says: “I have trouble counting past six, and having a lot of ammo in a gunfight isn’t that important to me.”

A Taurus

What you think it says: “While budget conscious, I am able to spot a deal on a quality firearm and take advantage of it.”

What it actually says: “Herp-derp.”

What does your carry gun say about you?

I'm not sure I agree with all of it (1911) but I did find it funny.

First comment was about the XD.

Last edited:

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Pretty funny. I carry my M&P because, even though I was first trained on a Glock 17, and I won several, the M&P is, in spite of how much as I tried not to like any S&W semiautos, a SWEET handgun.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Well, as a 1911 type myself, there is definate partial truth about the mag thing, especially if it is a softball gun.

True enough Lou.

Of course there is no wonder folks have problems when you have dozens of different gun and mag manufacturers in the 1911 business with tolerances all over the map, and so often the number one question of 1911 buyers is "which 1911 can I buy for the cheapest price?"

Back in the day, all you had to worry about was whether a Colt mag would work in an Ithaca, or Remington Rand, or vice versa (and they would because they were all required to be made to the same specs.) You didn't have to wonder if ABC brand of gun made offshore by Long Duck Dong or Pablo was made to print or not. Most importantly all the parts on the GI guns were inspected by the Army Ordinance Corps rather than coming straight off the line and being foisted on the public with little to no QC as is the case these days.

Funny how there weren't a bunch of complaints about 1911 reliability in those days. :innocent0

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    what no 50AE? mine says I will put a bigger hole in a bunch of ya...lined up :rolleyes:

-Rock

There was one in the comments:

Michael B., on September 3, 2010 at 02:53 Said:

Desert Eagle .50 AE

What you think it says: “I am one bad-ass gangSTAR, baby. Bling-bling.”

What it actually says: “I like to watch movies.”

Now I'm going to kill a few sacred cows here :ohnoes:

Jason, on September 2, 2010 at 12:25 Said:

Mosin Nagant

What you think it says: I respect the shooters of old, and the skill that it takes to snipe with iron sights in below freezing temperatures. This rifle will last forever, and I will shoot it until the end of time.

What it actually says: The local sporting goods store was selling these for $99!

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Does it say anything for my .22 derringer carry pistol?:innocent0

Here's a derringer comment:

Weerd Beard, on September 3, 2010 at 06:40 Said:

Cobra Patriot:

What you think it says:

All those other gunnies wasted big money and sacrificed power with their carry pistols.

What it really says:

I have never shot or dry fired my carry gun.

Derringer of any make:

What you think:

Small and concealable with adequate power. Don’t see why I’d need more than two shots.

What it says is:

I have never shot my carry gun, and if I have I’ve never shot a proper gun.

Great post! And I carry a revolver and a 1911. Tho I’ve had great luck with parts and magazines.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    There was one in the comments:

Now I'm going to kill a few sacred cows here :ohnoes:

I love it... :) come to think of it.... I like to watch movies ;)

I should of known...
    -Rock

1242855675879.jpg.[roflposters.com].myspace.jpg

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    True enough Lou.

Of course there is no wonder folks have problems when you have dozens of different gun and mag manufacturers in the 1911 business with tolerances all over the map, and so often the number one question is "which 1911 can I buy for the cheapest price?"

Made in Phillipines :sad20::tdown:

WW2
    Funny how there weren't a bunch of complaints about 1911 reliability in those days. :innocent0

Just like everything else- OUTSOURCING

boatme99

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mid-Tenn.
    Sig: What I think-I carry a reliable, accurate firearm.
    What it means-he carries a reliable, accurate firearm. :thumbsup:

Colt Gov't .380: What I think-I carry a reliable, accurate backup firearm.
    What it means-he carries a reliable, accurate backup firearm. :thumbsup:

Ruger LCP: What I think-I carry a reliable, accurate back up, back up firearm. :thumbsup:
    What it means-I've got a pistol in the man pocket of my tighty whities in case my pants fall down! :shocked3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom