What to do with rifles chambered in 300 WSM and 338 Win Mag?, ammo is difficult to find.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Criminals, felons in possession of a firearm are also being charged with possession of ammo. I guess it’s an add on that can be bargained with.
    Oh, ok. I thought he meant law abiding folks.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Haven’t thought about Ammo cost simply availability so I might wait a bit to see if they make it again.
    I did a quick look.

I got sticker shock.

EVEN if it was available. I flat out could not bring myself to blow a $100 bill on 20 rounds of .338 ammo. Heck, I can't even see myself blowing a $100 bill to shoot 20 .50 cal rounds.

Took a 2nd look @ .300 win mag. Even at $50-$60 per box of 20. I would feel almost like I was crazy blowing that much on 20 shots.

Definitely reloading the ammo you need. It makes me sick to see how expensive factory ammo has gotten, and also how expensive even components like primers have gotten.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So I found a 300 WM barrel new from Numrich for $106 (New Remington) and from what I read it should work but then I realize I have access to a rifle in that cartridge, it'll be moving to my safe soon. I'll wait till ammo becomes available again for the two mentioned cartridges.
    I really just want to have the rifles available & sighted in case the need arises or perhaps sell off for 45/70 or a real M4, you know, bucket list stuff.

Thanks
    Also, Maybe if you don't have a reloading setup, you can find a friend with reloading press(es) who will help you reload if you bring the supplies and dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom