• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I would go with a Ruger American Rimfire. Had mine out yesterday at AGC and was very happy. Add a nice scope and you can plug varmints all day. The only downside is that it's a little above your listed price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HazyDayz

Jul 17, 2014
    Washington County
    I would go with a Ruger American Rimfire. Had mine out yesterday at AGC and was very happy. Add a nice scope and you can plug varmints all day. The only downside is that it's a little above your listed price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the Ruger American platform. I'll eventually grab one in .308. Nice, affordable beater rifles that do their job well.

HazyDayz

Jul 17, 2014
    Washington County
    Okay folks. I've narrowed my choices to the Marlin model 60, and the Savage mark II-F. Both are essentially the same price around me, and I know they're different, but which would you choose and why?

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I'd take a hard look at the Remington 597. I have one and love it. Sold my Ruger 10/22 cause of it. 10/22 is a much better gun if you plan to upgrade it a lot (and double the cost of the rifle) but 597 is a much better gun out of the box (imho). Here is one with a usable scope for $175. Have it sent to out of state FFL so you can keep the mags:

http://www.slickguns.com/product/re...ifle-w-scope-and-2-clear-30rd-magazines-17999

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom