• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Do NOT sell the Glock!!!!
    (Buy..... don't sell.)

Save your pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters, and buy the revolver!!!!!!!

Get a S&W mdl 686 or a 586, or possibly a mdl 27 or mdl 28.

This was my first revolver. It will NEVER be sold.
    This wonderful S&W mdl 19-4 has over 15,000 rounds through it, and balances perfectly.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    So I've gotten my Glock 21. I want a .357 revolver for fun. But the G21 is my first handgun and I usually try and keep my "first" of anything really. I've got my G22 set up for HD so that's really my primary use handgun. Should I trade it in towards a good .357 or keep it? Honestly I've got no emotional attachment to it it's just my first handgun. To me it's a soulless piece of plastic. So should I trade it in or keep it?

Keep it. I sold my "first" and regret it to this day.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I guess many of our opinions about our first guns depend on what those guns were. The first gun I purchased myself was a S&W 4" 686-1. I will never let that go. The first pistol I ever owned, and still own, is a S&W model 41. Again, a classic that I will never let get away from me. I'm not sure if I would feel so strongly if my "firsts" weren't such outstanding examples of their respective classes of firearms. Of course, all bets would be off if any guns at issue were your granddad's!

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Must have been an impulse buy. :)

Nope. The opposite. But still a low-quality stinker that I couldn't sell fast enough a few years after buying it. Lesson learned. Lots of folks buying their first gun think frugality, aim low, and buy junk.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I've only sold two guns a G19 and a M1A....I dont miss either.

My thoughts are your Glock likely wouldn't bring enough money for me to get rid of it.

I want a wheel gun but every time I get pennies saved up I end up getting something else...like a 229 or a Tavor.

jmcisc

Sep 18, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    So I've gotten my Glock 21. I want a .357 revolver for fun. But the G21 is my first handgun and I usually try and keep my "first" of anything really. I've got my G22 set up for HD so that's really my primary use handgun. Should I trade it in towards a good .357 or keep it? Honestly I've got no emotional attachment to it it's just my first handgun. To me it's a soulless piece of plastic. So should I trade it in or keep it?

Keep the Glocks and start looking for a .357 to add to your collection. As everyone else has told you, you'll only regret getting rid of any of your weapons.

There must have been a time you really wanted the Glock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom