• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Common sense is not something they ever consider. Stats and facts are only ever considered if they can be twisted to support their agendas. But votes are what they thrive on. We can throw all the facts and stats and common sense at them but it wont sway their decision in the least. Perhaps we should change our approach to them and show them what will happen at the polls if these gun control measures pass .

I'm no expert but gun control does not strike me as a common political topic split between republican and democrat. I've known plenty of democrats in my time who are gun enthusiasts. I would imagine that our democrat officials will lose votes from their democrat and independent constituents. I have yet to find any data out there that show the thoughts of democrats only but maybe we should dig further into this. If we can get registered democrats who oppose gun control to send some letters/make some calls perhaps these liberal officials will take them a little more seriously than us drunken conspiracy theorist gun toting rednecks.

Thoughts???

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    We get ignored as much as you guys do, since we are seen as a "fringe" part of the party. We need to hit them where it can cause the most pain, and that is in the primaries. Support needs to be given to challengers, both in votes, and in donations. For that to work though, we need a lot of people to change party affiliations, and work the ground.

Holy crap just noticed your from the same area!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I think you're on the right track. They don't give a crap about facts. We need to remind our elected officials that they owe their jobs to those of us who pay their salaries. While some (if not most) are so deeply entrenched in their pork-barrel fantasy worlds that they believe they are invincible, I believe we can still reach a few who might be swayed by the (and I hate to use this word) threat of being defeated in the next election.

Tactics that seem to work for the libs are to find all the dirt they can on conservatives, and threaten them with exposure. Maybe there is useful information that might help sway some of our elected representatives towards our side which is, after all, the side of the Constitution.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    You would not believe how many people I know who talk all day about how they won't stand for these laws and blah blah blah -- fact is that if you ask them what they've done to stop it, they say, "well what can I do?"

We need to make sure that all the pro-gunners out there are making their voices known. Right now politicians and media are anti-gun because that's what they think people want. If every pro-gunner just sent a stupid form letter maybe they would pay attention. Better than that -- what if 10% of gun owners called their representatives or sent a good email to all legislators?

"Delegate So and So?"
    "Yes dutiful intern?"
    "We've gotten 301 emails about gun control."
    "Ok?"
    "1 wanted more gun control, 300 didn't."
    "Hummm... maybe I'd better stop being such a vocal supporter of more gun control."

It won't stop Frosh, but maybe some of the more reasonable guys will listen. Maybe some pro-gun guys will be more vocal. Smigel can't do it alone.

(Sorry for the rushed response, but I'm on my lunch break)

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    They don't listen

I have been saying this for the past few election cycles. Not hear but over on Arfcom and Facebook. We need to show the elected officials that they work for us. Unfortunately our federal legislators are firmly seated and can resist even a robust opponent. Our state officials may not be able to stand up to a robust opponent.

We need support in Annapolis and it seems that we don't have it. Elections have consequences as the people in NY have learned the hard way. I hope we can sway enough votes that doesn't happen here. See you on Feb 8th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom