What other issues will medical marijuana impact?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    Bleach kills cancer cells in a laboratory. :innocent0

One will, kill you. The other will not.:D From cancer.gov

There seems to be potential here that cannot be ignored.

Antitumor activity

Studies in mice and rats have shown that cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.

A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.

A laboratory study of delta-9-THC in hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) cells showed that it damaged or killed the cancer cells. The same study of delta-9-THC in mouse models of liver cancer showed that it had antitumor effects. Delta-9-THC has been shown to cause these effects by acting on molecules that may also be found in non-small cell lung cancer cells and breast cancer cells.

A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells showed that it caused cancer cell death while having little effect on normal breast cells. Studies in mouse models of metastatic breast cancer showed that cannabinoids may lessen the growth, number, and spread of tumors.

A review of 34 studies of cannabinoids in glioma tumor models found that all but one study showed that cannabinoids can kill cancer cells without harming normal cells.

A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in human glioma cells showed that when given along with chemotherapy, CBD may make chemotherapy more effective and increase cancer cell death without harming normal cells. Studies in mouse models of cancer showed that CBD together with delta-9-THC may make chemotherapy such as temozolomide more effective.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    now I am seeing signs all over the place up and down the highway advertising for drs who write scripts for mmj. funny thing is a couple of them I recognize their names and they are well know for running pill mills, they accept only cash and you get 5 minutes for your appointment and to get your script.

these doctors make the rest look bad. they are just dope dealers just like the guys standing on any corner in Baltimore.

I say either ban all dope or legalize all dope. one or the other. plus legalizing it all will thin the population quite a bit and I think there are too damn many people anyway. maybe they could put smallpox in the heroine and coke and weed when they legalize it to thin even more folks outta my life. come on plague!

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    now I am seeing signs all over the place up and down the highway advertising for drs who write scripts for mmj. funny thing is a couple of them I recognize their names and they are well know for running pill mills, they accept only cash and you get 5 minutes for your appointment and to get your script.

these doctors make the rest look bad. they are just dope dealers just like the guys standing on any corner in Baltimore.

I say either ban all dope or legalize all dope. one or the other. plus legalizing it all will thin the population quite a bit and I think there are too damn many people anyway. maybe they could put smallpox in the heroine and coke and weed when they legalize it to thin even more folks outta my life. come on plague!
    th

Pizza_man

FNG
    Feb 6, 2018
    Frederick, MD
    What happens when your MM card expires ? It is my understanding that they are only valid for 1 year. Are you then a free man? Interesting situation we are in.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    What happens when your MM card expires ? It is my understanding that they are only valid for 1 year. Are you then a free man? Interesting situation we are in.

Interesting first post.

Short answer: Your MMJ Card is your lifetime ticket to being a prohibited person.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Interesting first post.

Short answer: Your MMJ Card is your lifetime ticket to being a prohibited person.

Not a lifetime, there are expiration dates.

1 year after failing a urinalysis, up to 5 years depending on whether there have been any arrests.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I guess I should have tempered the "lifetime". Heck, in MD, a lifetime conviction for murder without parole is only like 7-20 years.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have a neighbor who doesn't work, neither does her boyfriend or son. there ok I guess. in the past they have been scared to death to talk to me for some reason. they're on section 8, md medacade, welfare ect. but again they don't bother me, or they didn't till the other evening when the young lady, shes maybe 39-40, came and said she remembered I had a lot of operations and she sees I have a bad back and they were 5 days before they could get another prescription from md medicade and they all have weed cards but the weed costs more than they thought and their insurance doesn't pay for it and she was wondering if I had any percocetes they could "borrow".

now I have never told them anything about my health my back my meds and they don't know me well enough to ask even if I had so I just cant figure out what the fvck that was.

she got a 20 min lecture from me about going and getting a fvcking job, all fvcking three of them and not to come over or on my property again and all kinds of fvck yous that just dribbled outta my mouth.

so I guess weed costs a lot and insurance doesn't cover it, no shit.

now I really wanna move outta md.

I guess my point is though, now mm is effecting me because dopers cant afford it so they think its ok to come ask me for my meds. imagine that. stupid dopers.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have a neighbor who doesn't work, neither does her boyfriend or son. there ok I guess. in the past they have been scared to death to talk to me for some reason. they're on section 8, md medacade, welfare ect. but again they don't bother me, or they didn't till the other evening when the young lady, shes maybe 39-40, came and said she remembered I had a lot of operations and she sees I have a bad back and they were 5 days before they could get another prescription from md medicade and they all have weed cards but the weed costs more than they thought and their insurance doesn't pay for it and she was wondering if I had any percocetes they could "borrow".

now I have never told them anything about my health my back my meds and they don't know me well enough to ask even if I had so I just cant figure out what the fvck that was.

she got a 20 min lecture from me about going and getting a fvcking job, all fvcking three of them and not to come over or on my property again and all kinds of fvck yous that just dribbled outta my mouth.

I guess my point is though, now mm is effecting me because dopers cant afford it so they think its ok to come ask me for my meds. imagine that. stupid dopers.

If all they ever do is ask then consider yourself lucky. If they know you're on pain meds, I'll bet some time in the future, your house will be burglarized and your meds will be one of the items missing.

This is bad juju as far as I'm concerned.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If all they ever do is ask then consider yourself lucky. If they know you're on pain meds, I'll bet some time in the future, your house will be burglarized and your meds will be one of the items missing.

This is bad juju as far as I'm concerned.

I have been thinking the same thing sice it happened.

I do keep 4 big nasty noisy dogs in my house while my wife or I aren't home so there some deterent, but one never knows if its enough.

at least I don't keep all my toys in one place but I wouldn't want even one of them missing.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky

Thanks for my daily chuckle, I liked that. :thumbsup::D

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    It's not about the plant, it's about the government minding their own ****ing business. Do they disqualify people on psychotropic meds, anxiety or pain meds? They only disqualify you for alcohol if you are a self admitted "habitual drunkard".

Its a double standard with ZERO scientific evidence to support the prohibition. The government should have NO say about what a person does, as long as it is not negatively impacting another person.

By the way Cannabis has been shown to kill cancer cells in the laboratory

Life's a bitch, then you die. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom