Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Which AR15 caliber do you prefer? I really like 6.5 Grendel. I think it is a great all-purpose round. If I were an avid hunter I might be tempted to say 350 Legend instead. 5.56 NATO is great and provides long barrel life. But there are other offerings that I believe are more capable.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I have 5 on the list.
    Depending on application determines my favorite for that moment. If you can only have one I’d go wylde.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    20211124_142930.jpg

Grendel. It's just great for the magazine limitation of the platform. 5.56 is fun and has some very useful ballistics with 77gr loads out to distance. 300 blk is cool in close with short barrels. 6.5 grendel just gives me a smile the whole time I'm shooting it.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have 5 on the list.
    Depending on application determines my favorite for that moment. If you can only have one I’d go wylde.
    Come to think of it, I have 5 on the list. I don't have 7.62x39 and that would be my next one, although that seems to overlap with 300 Blackout. On paper, 6mm ARC looks good and is a good alternative to 6.5 Grendel. Same with 6.8 SPC. Alas, I am afraid all three of these (6 ARC, 6.5 G, and 6.8 SPC) may just go away due to lack of support and available ammo.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Come to think of it, I have 5 on the list. I don't have 7.62x39 and that would be my next one, although that seems to overlap with 300 Blackout. On paper, 6mm ARC looks good and is a good alternative to 6.5 Grendel. Same with 6.8 SPC. Alas, I am afraid all three of these (6 ARC, 6.5 G, and 6.8 SPC) may just go away due to lack of support and available ammo.
    7.62x39 is for AKs not ARs
    Can’t see those worlds colliding in my safe

Everyone who has shot a Grendel loves it. The lack of commercial ammo is what is preventing it from becoming much more popular.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    6.8 SPC is a favorite down south for pigs and coyotes. I just went with it and will be developing cast rounds for it. Got a 125 grain GC mold from MP Mold and will ladder it next spring. My daughter has a Grendel and it is nice, but the 6.8 is close and I went with that as I read a lot of people talking and failure to feed problems with 6.5 but don't know anyone personally shooting one a lot.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Everyone who has shot a Grendel loves it. The lack of commercial ammo is what is preventing it from becoming much more popular.
    That's the problem with the HAGAR, no commercially manufactured ammo. Hornady did have it saami certified but has not produced any. Great brass. I'm getting close to 2900 fps with 105gr class bullets. Saw where it was used to win at a 1,000 yd match recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom