• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EVOIXGSR

Straight Baller Status
    Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    What is considered good grouping sizes for shooting a rifle off-hand with irons at 75' with a 22lr caliber? My groups are improving, just want to see how well I am stacking up.

J.Brown

Apr 3, 2008
    Hampstead
    Good shooting is different to every one. to hose a, good shooting is all of them on paper. to hose b, it might be all in the 9 ring. i was out today with my buddy, and his wife was thrilled she hit the paper, she had never shot a hand gun before.

keep shooting untill your improvment stops, then challange yourself to improve some more.

EVOIXGSR

Straight Baller Status
    Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Here's the first target with the first two groupings at the max range @ Continental the other day with my M&P 15-22. All constructive criticism is welcome.

Attachments

• targets - m&p 15-22.JPG
      targets - m&p 15-22.JPG
      90.9 KB · Views: 188

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Good shooting varies on age, experience and your body. Don't ever get upset or mad because someone else puts better groups on target unless you didn't do your best that time. I know, because of medical issues, my best groups will not be as good as many others, but I keep trying.

At a shooting club elsewhere, the head of the pistol section of the club was ridiculed for being a bad shot. His wife competed at Camp Perry and their son made the US Olympic team shooting pistol. Was the guy really that bad of a shot? No, he just couldn't compare to his wife or kid.

mercop

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 7, 2008
    SW PA
    Put some clay birds out. If you hit them more than you miss them you are good to go:)- George

pappie

Dec 21, 2009
    Pittsville, Maryland
    Hate to tell ya, when you're getting older, the eyes get worse:innocent0

That's why I put scopes on my rifles:D

Yeah, I believe it! I just turned 50 and I’ve had to start wearing specs for fine print, but the doc says that I still have 20/20 in both eyes, although my hearing is shot, too much guitar and guns and things!
    I have three kids 8, 10, 14, I bought the 8 year old a Daisy Buck and the other two Daisy Red Ryders, I set up 3 targets at 30’ and let them have at it, this is a good way to teach safety and the fundamentals of shooting and BB’s are a lot cheaper than .22 ammo!
    Yes, I pull my old Red Ryder out and shoot with them, sure is fun and great practice!
    Next month, peep sights! :cool:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    What is considered good grouping sizes for shooting a rifle off-hand with irons at 75' with a 22lr caliber? My groups are improving, just want to see how well I am stacking up.

come to the next delta shoot and do the .22 walk-through course with us. use any rimfire you want and i'll use my sp22m3;)

njbroug

Feb 6, 2009
    Laurel
    As far as I'm concerned, that's awesome for off hand with a rifle. I haven't shot a rifle off hand in 7-8 years. I hate to think what that would look like...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom