What gives the MSP the right to require.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I do not believe there is any evidence of corruption at MSP ... I also think that MD FFL's would be so afraid of an offer from a Trooper/Inspector of being a sting that they would probably report it immediately - and the same from the MSP side. The antis would love that so much they'd play it until the Sun Paper ran out of ink and there were no more radio waves to wiggle from the tower downtown.

If you have evidence of corruption at MSP, post it here and now

I agree. MSP does what they are told from above. Correct me if I'm wrong, but MSP brass serves at the leisure of the Governor. Any corruption that is found should lead to him.

The corruption exists at the high levels of the MSP. I don't believe the rank and file troopers are against us, but the head of the MSP is appointed by the govenor.

This.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I doubt very seriously if two thirds of the current FFLs will be in business in two years. It's just going to be too difficult to buy a regulated firearm. Mission accomplished!

Bagpiperer

Mar 23, 2013
    MSP does what they are told from above. Correct me if I'm wrong, but MSP brass serves at the leisure of the Governor. Any corruption that is found should lead to him.

It's difficult to prove, though, right?

Because, oh, "We didn't have the funds to create new positions until the next fiscal year, and of course we have to train them to handle the provisions of the new law going into effect in three months..."

Seriously, this has been a problem since January, and MSP never approved the hiring of more than a few temps, who don't seem to have measurably reduced the growth of the backlog.

I don't blame the men and women actually working on apps; I'm quite sure their hands are pretty effectively tied. But, honestly, the guys in charge need to be fired posthaste. This is a wholly transparent attempt to make handgun ownership so difficult that most people just give up.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    This is a wholly transparent attempt to make handgun ownership so difficult that most people just give up.

It is.

I am hoping that eventually it will lead to an appointee dumb enough to leave that special trail of crumbs leading to the top. MOM picks some real winners ... remember Brown originally thought the MD AWB was a real AWB on full autos ... let's hope MOM finally gets his money's worth

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom