What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I did not put up a report, but I can say that the recoil from a Smith&Wesson Shield Plus Is pleasant to say the least. My wife absolutely loves it and she’s trying to claim it for her carry gun.
    I have been quietly stewing over my choice for W&C. Thank you for pointing this one out. I really didn't want to go the Sig P365 route.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I have been quietly stewing over my choice for W&C. Thank you for pointing this one out. I really didn't want to go the Sig P365 route.

I like my P938.

1675781798642.png

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I did some loading over the last couple of days to prep for the annual winter camping trip where all we do is shoot as much as we can. I loaded up a solid amount of 9mm, basically loading up what was left of the bullets I had, and some remaining plated 45 auto bullets.

171 rounds of 124 gr plated RN
    307 rounds of 115 gr plated hollow points
    194 rounds of 200 gr plated RN for 45.

I'm not sure why the odd number of rounds for 45 because it should have been an even 200 to finish the box, but I guess I got shorted. That, or at some other point I loaded extra rounds for some other reason - maybe to finish a batch of brass? I suppose the same goes with the 307 rounds of 9mm - that should have been an even 300, so I guess I got some extra there.
    The 307 makes more sense to me. I haven't counted every box of Hornady, Speer, and Sierra I have. But most boxes of ammo, bags of cases, etc. tend to come out 1 or 2 over. Bigger counts of things tend to have a few more than that.

My Starline brass, usually bought 500 at a time, often have 502-504 in them. A lot of my boxes of bullets that are bulk-ish are often like 251, 253, 502, 506, etc. I think the only time I've come up short was a box of "used" (I assume someone sold the box to the store the resold it. It was an OLD box of Hornady). Listed as 100. Had 98 in it. Box had masking tape to hold it together. The other time was a box of 500 "factory seconds" that I am 99.99% sure are 230gr .451 XTPs. The box had broken open in shipping from Midway and the shipping box wasn't particularly well taped either. Of the 500, I managed to recover around 430. Midway credited my back 20% without any fuss.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I added another shelf. It is impossible to have too much space. I am tempted to will put another shelf under this one. This one let me clear everything off the top of my bench.

View attachment 400035
    Nice. I need to add some upper cabinets with a shelf between them in my gun room over my bench. I have two rows of Inline racks for my dies and lee classic turrets. I've been kicking around just building it as it would be a fair amount cheaper than buying cabinets. But I need to get my butt to the restore or similar and see what a couple of decent upper cabinets used/salvage would run me.

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    Took some of the decapped and cleaned 9mm brass and put together 250 rounds of 124gr. Using CFE Pistol ~5.1 gr as a new formula.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Nice. I need to add some upper cabinets with a shelf between them in my gun room over my bench. I have two rows of Inline racks for my dies and lee classic turrets. I've been kicking around just building it as it would be a fair amount cheaper than buying cabinets. But I need to get my butt to the restore or similar and see what a couple of decent upper cabinets used/salvage would run me.

Got my 2nd shelf in!

1675856483739.png

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Since the caliber hasn't really caught fire, the ammo manufacturers aren't going to bust a line for a short run which may not take off. I would like to see a couple more manufacturers get into the game including Sig.
    Yes, and there are no reload cases yet.

I spent an hour and a half looking for my 10mm resizing die before giving up and ordering another one.
    I have cleaned ~4000 pieces of 5.56 brass. I ordered a swaging kit for my Lee APP because I'm not about to manually remove that many crimps/

Holy shit. I just realized the irony of it being a 10mm die.
    As predicted, the new set of dies arrived today and not 20 minutes later, I found the missing die. I left it in my Lee APP which wasn't mounted on my bench.
    If anyone is looking for a NIB set of Lee 10mm/.40 dies I have em for cheap.

500 pieces of 10mm brass were deprimed/resized and hand primed.
    I love and hate the Lee APP at the same time. When it runs, it runs fast. When it feels like choking, it chokes.

ETA- The issue with my Lee APP turned out to be S&B 10mm brass. Something about the extractor groove or case head dimensions with that brass didn't work in the APP. I was sizing/decapping mixed brass, so it wasn't until this morning's session that I singled out the S&B brass.

Last edited:

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Finally got the trade hulls, straight wall wads, and roll crimp tools lined up along with recent casting sessions to get some MEC time in..

2C52556A-2BC7-4AAF-8023-9D85C3384650.jpeg

FE7319BF-0655-41CD-9E64-1E3711BF432B.jpeg

11B8EB3B-CB1A-47A1-AD8F-62CA9E6BC6A8.jpeg

7D3F383B-176C-47C2-AE03-15C60D798A78.jpeg

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    500 pieces of 10mm brass were deprimed/resized and hand primed.
    I love and hate the Lee APP at the same time. When it runs, it runs fast. When it feels like choking, it chokes.

ETA- The issue with my Lee APP turned out to be S&B 10mm brass. Something about the extractor groove or case head dimensions with that brass didn't work in the APP. I was sizing/decapping mixed brass, so it wasn't until this morning's session that I singled out the S&B brass.
    Yeah I've been there. When mine runs great, it is like a hot prom date. When it doesn't run right, its like the hot prom dates grandma and you aren't getting her granddaughter back by curfew.

Just fine little things, like a case it doesn't like, a die that doesn't quite work right in it. And even if everything works right every once in awhile it'll send a case to pluto.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks for the mention on Xreme. I grabbed some plated 158 SWC. I love me some MBC, and I have plenty of those. But I am picking up a 27-2 with some corrosion issues. Solid on the whole, but there is a very small amount of bore pitting in bore along the bottom. Rifling appears unaffected. Just a little worried lead/coated led is going to generate some issues there. I need to sit down and work up some 357 loads now that I'll have a 357 in the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom