• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    Loading right now

80g and 77g 223 loads.
    Bought some Nosler CC to compare with my Sierra loads.
    Just wish it was warm enough to try them out.

bulletbill

Agent provocateur
    Dec 31, 2008
    SW FL
    Towards the other end of quiet and subsonic... I'm planning my upcoming season with my .300 WSM. Been using IMR4350 and 150 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips at about 3075 fps. My new material list has RL17 and Berger 155 Hunting VLDs in Norma brass. If I can get about 3200 fps and 3/4 ... even 1 moa... I'll be thrilled. I just hope the Berger's cooperate because I need at least .05 off the lands for the Bergers to fit in the magazine of my x-bolt. 2.97 touches the lands, 2.92 fits in the box. Not a huge jump but until I see it I'm skeptical cuz those Bergers do like being close.

I'm running 69gn of RL17 under Sierra 155's (2156) abd I'm at 3159, 24" barrel. In case you're looking for a load. I started at 66 and worked up.

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    124 gr 9mm. Who's 5.56/.223 projectiles do you all use

Sierra 60 grain HP Varmint bullet. Glad to see allot of people are enjoying the fun of reloading over the holidays. I need to get allot of .223 loaded up soon going to Colorado for coyote and prairie dog hunting and just got my permit today so I can hunt at night wile I am out there it's going to be fun I'm sure.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    124 gr 9mm. Who's 5.56/.223 projectiles do you all use

Flavor of the month really.

Usually Federal 55gr FMJBT bulk for plinking. It's been scarce lately, so I just got 2K Hornady FMJBT 55gr and 500 generic 62gr Steel Core FMJBT to try out.

Also have Sierra 52gr and 69gr SMKs'. Got a few boxes of Hornady 52gr A-MAX and 75gr Match also.

I have to try and find a load for my new 20" Govt. and DPMS Sweet 16 upper, hence the variety.

Ed, you're right in the ballpark with the .38 158's over Titegroup. I use 4gr with great results.:thumbsup:

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    about a 1000 rounds of 12 gauge low pressure target loads are the plan tonight. I might also load some 16 and 20 gauge over the weekend.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    45 acp

168 grain hornady amax duplicates for the garand. Thanks 8millimeter for the extensive field testing and recipe development.

bs911

Dec 14, 2010
    I'm running 69gn of RL17 under Sierra 155's (2156) abd I'm at 3159, 24" barrel. In case you're looking for a load. I started at 66 and worked up.

That's perfect. Not a lot of load data out there on the RL17 but the velocities published so far seem encouraging... if they are accurate to match. I think anything over 3150 will suit me fine. Not looking to win a match here... but if big ol' "drop tine" shows himself at around 750 yards next year I don't want to have doubt about the shot. Lots of practice time between now and then though. Thanks for the info.

trap

Sep 26, 2010
    Germantown
    1 1/8 oz #7 1/2 shot on a Winchester Orange wad over 21 grains Green Dot Powder in an old style CF 12 ga Winchester AA hull

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    experimenting---38 special---148 gr plated wadcutters small batch with trailboss powder and another small batch with universal powder. taking them to the range tomorrow to see how they do. then on to the load everything.

Hey, epps1919 what bullet do you use for your springfield-ie what mold and bullet style.

Teemus

MSI Executive Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Call me cautious, but I've read a number of threads on this board that, like this one, ask questions that I will never answer and which I don't think that any of us should ever answer.

Let me pose this question instead: Who is the OP and why should we tell him ANYTHING about our personal activities? If he is just someone who wants to get into reloading, then all he has to do is post a question like "I'm thinking about getting into reloading. Will someone contact me via a message and tell me where I can get information about the art and science of reloading?" That way, our member gets the help that he/she is looking for and none of the rest of us have to thrown open their kimonos and begin to reveal personal information.

I never respond to these or any of the other numerous postings that ask questions about what kind of guns I own, or how I plan to use them.

Go ahead and flame me if you want, I just think this is a word to the wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom