• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    Number pick is a Colt. Second, Daniel Defense, third Delton. I have two Colts, one DD, and one Delton they have all been perfect.

Sigfan77

My dog loves his Sig, too
    Feb 8, 2017
    Fredneck, PRM
    Windham

I have a Windham Weapons AR. Chrome barrel, well under $800, plenty of $$$ left over for (cheap) optics, mags, stuff. Never a problem. Came with a plastic case, two sets of handguards, and the normal "Case candy." I'm very happy with it. I have used probably 5-6 different types of ammo (both 5.56 and .223) and haven't had a single FTF/FTE. It just shoots.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    A friend of mine has a Windham that he's had for years. He's put a lot of rounds through and rarely cleans it yet it never gives him any troubles. He likes it just fine.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    You might want to find a secluded spot to accept the doc's contribution to the trade. I hear he has a soundproof container for that kind of transaction. :innocent0

What kind of ammo dealer do you take me for? I expect a nice dinner ;)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    This kind of discussion can go on forever,.as the parameters are infinitely variable .

But the I'm reading the OP's intent as best choice that is in the neighborhood of, but not over $1000 . I'm thereby excluding both " What's least expensive AR that doesn't suck ? " and " As long as you're spending $ X , you might as well spend $ X + 200 " .

And the predominant options are Colt . Usually 6721 or 6950 .

All the reasons Clandestine layed out , plus the Horsey on the reciever is worth $200 .

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I just picked up another ex-police specimen yesterday only in a 20" configuration for under 1K. For some reason, the thrill of finding an older Colt never gets old.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Maybe we can trade. Come up with a win win.

It’s quite possible. I can think of a few things I can access that may be attractive.

You might want to find a secluded spot to accept the doc's contribution to the trade. I hear he has a soundproof container for that kind of transaction. :innocent0

What kind of ammo dealer do you take me for? I expect a nice dinner ;)

Oh, you won’t want to eat before going into the container.

I just picked up another ex-police specimen yesterday only in a 20" configuration for under 1K. For some reason, the thrill of finding an older Colt never gets old.

This is a thrill I’m interested in experiencing.

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    Avoid SIG, POF, and RRA. Anything Gas Piston AR sucks.

Windham and Colt are good. Colt is better and will hold value better. No, it's not just a names because gauges prove that out.

FN has been missing the mark lately with their civilian AR's.

Are the POF DI rifles GTG? I really like the Revolution DI.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    Looks like LWRC is selling off all their left over non-ambi lowers on these "e" rifles. It's all still top quality, but not the current full-ambi lower.

Also the old style hand guard pre-mlok that takes their proprietary attachments. Also doesn’t appear to come with the rail goodies they used to come with.

Still wouldn’t dissuade me; All that is available from lwrc. Mine is a very soft and accurate shooter.

Not that this reply matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom