• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    A secretary in my department inherent some basement stuff from her dad. dhe gave me two youth air rifles. They seem old. Wonder what thy are and how to use them. Any help with id and instructions appreciated.

Attachments

• 20130824_173247.jpg
      20130824_173247.jpg
      48.9 KB · Views: 347

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Top one is a Crosman 760 pump. I was just using mine yesterday. Got it in about 1977. You load the bb's in that side slot. Pull back the spring switch on top while the barrel is pointed down to fill the see thru area on top. Pump it one to ten times. Put one in the chamber. repeat.
    Bottom may be a Beeman?? and it looks to be CO2 powered.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Top one is a Crosman 760 pump. I was just using mine yesterday. Got it in about 1977. You load the bb's in that side slot. Pull back the spring switch on top while the barrel is pointed down to fill the see thru area on top. Pump it one to ten times. Put one in the chamber. repeat.
    Bottom may be a Beeman?? and it looks to be CO2 powered.

Cool. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my mobile device.

Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    The second (bottom) rifle looks like a Crossman 400 repeater (CO2 powered).

There should be some kind of markings on them to identify them.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Not a 400, those have the longer double co2 tube and of course the tube mag. I've got one:) If its a crosman it'll be one of the 100 series and will be clearly stamped on it. There are also the modern Chinese QB (78?) clones of the crosman 1xx family. The color of the stock makes me think its one of those.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Yep, Crosman 760 up top like Overboost 44 mentioned. And I was thinking Crosman on the bottom one as well?

Wondering if that one is .22 caliber? Maybe one or another version of the 2260?

Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    Not a 400, those have the longer double co2 tube and of course the tube mag. I've got one:) If its a crosman it'll be one of the 100 series and will be clearly stamped on it. There are also the modern Chinese QB (78?) clones of the crosman 1xx family. The color of the stock makes me think its one of those.

The barrel on the bottom one is stamped Crossman 180 .22 cal .

Here is a link for the owners manual for the 180. Great site for arcane manuals.

http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/crosman/180/C180-OM.pdf

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I wonder if they work.

they should. Both probably have old seals but those are typically easy and cheap to fix on crosman. The 180 might just need a good squirt of pelgun oil in it when loading the first co2 cartridge to get the seals in decent shape. Amazon caries it cheap as might walleyworld or Dicks. It's not recommended to use other oils.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    A secretary in my department inherent some basement stuff from her dad. dhe gave me two youth air rifles. They seem old. Wonder what thy are and how to use them. Any help with id and instructions appreciated.

The bottom one looks to me like a Crossman 160 CO2 powered gun. These were at one time sold by DCM (now CMP) perhaps 20 years or so ago. I have 2 of 'em....22 cal CO2 repeaters. I'm pretty sure my Crossman 160s are maked as such, but I'll try to remember to look when I get home

Oops...I didn't read the last couple of posts...sorry. Also, after looking again...the Crossman 160's sold by DCM (at least the ones I have) had Williams aperature sights on them. The aperature end was mount right at...or very near the end of the receiver as opposed to a rear sight in front of the action..

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    looks to me like a Crossman 160 ... I have 2 of 'em

You must not have had them out recently as the 160 has the long tube & stock to take the 2 powerlets back to back;) I have one of them too. The 180 is 1 co2 powerlet and is short. Get em out an shoot em! :)

Now that Im back home and can check my blue book, thats a 2nd gen 180 w/o the crossbolt safety 1962-66. They say around $80-$100 in excellent (100%) shape but market conditions bounce up and down. The 160 (esp w/ one of the two peep sights) is listed 2-3x that.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Thanks for all the feedback and help. She also gave me some funny looking pellets. I rake some pics of them later.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    You must not have had them out recently as the 160 has the long tube & stock to take the 2 powerlets back to back;) I have one of them too. The 180 is 1 co2 powerlet and is short. Get em out an shoot em! :)

Now that Im back home and can check my blue book, thats a 2nd gen 180 w/o the crossbolt safety 1962-66. They say around $80-$100 in excellent (100%) shape but market conditions bounce up and down. The 160 (esp w/ one of the two peep sights) is listed 2-3x that.

LOL! you got me there...haven't shot them in a number of years. Even hunted rabbits in a friends back yard with them back in the early 90's. :)

Wow, back when I bought one from DCM, they were something like $25 +shipping (something like $30 total) to our club members as a group purchase. I bought one at the time, then just a couple years later a club member sold theirs to me for about $5 more than he paid. Both my kids shot these guns quite a bit when they were young. I need to pull them out and, if not actually shoot them, get some oil into them to protect the seals, or better yet...DO BOTH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom