What a good wife gets her husband for his birthday!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Thanks to my wife and Baltimore's Best I am celebrating a birthday today with a new Vickers G19. I am happy camper today. ;)

3ccf05b893a77dc239df2985d613e95e.jpg

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    is it just the photo angle or is it scratched up? good wife either way
    LOL, no scratches. A little oil on it from the factory. Must be the photo angle. The mag release and the slide stop haven't been changed yet (Vickers puts them in the box then you have to change them yourself) and the mag base plates aren't on it yet they come in the box for self install too. Once I finish putting on all the extras I will post more pics.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Happy birfday Boundless! :toothless
    Thanks
    I think you knew a week ago due to that Facebook crap my wife is on.
    nice!

your wife needs to talk to my wife about this situation...
    Sounds like a plan.
    Lucky x two
    Absolutely
    Happy Birthday!!
    Thank you
    Happy Birthday!
    Thanks
    Happy bday!!
    Thank you

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    LOL, no scratches. A little oil on it from the factory. Must be the photo angle. The mag release and the slide stop haven't been changed yet (Vickers puts them in the box then you have to change them yourself) and the mag base plates aren't on it yet they come in the box for self install too. Once I finish putting on all the extras I will post more pics.

That's surprising I wonder y

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I wonder that too. I would prefer to have it done when I get it. I wasn't expecting a bunch of loose parts in little bags.
    Congrats, man.

The mag release and slide stop changes are straightforward. I followed a couple of YouTube videos after Googling Vickers Glock 19 installs for both pieces.

The mag floor plate change can be more of a headache. I use a rubber vice grip to hold the mag, a punch pin to angle in from the base and get the spring out of the way, and then gently hammer a screwdriver on the non curled edge of the footplate to get it about an 1/8th to 1/4 inch down. The punch pin will invariably pop out. It can then be gently pulled off or hammered off a bit more.

Putting on the new floor plate (the Vickers's plates) is pretty straightforward once you've figured out the removal. I already flipped all my Glock 19 mags to grey floor plates, and Glock 32 mags to black Vickers's floor plates. There are light blue, brown, orange, and green colors available too.

They make it really easy to pull mags out, but as Blaster rightly pointed out, I was so happy with their "grippyness" that they were teaching me a bad habit of using my support hand to pull the mag out on a slide stop/emergency mag exchange (when one should simply let the mag drop while using your support to quickly get a new mag). So I've corrected this before it became habitual. I also like the color coding to quickly distinguish similar sized Glock mags for different guns.

Btw, my recent Vickers Glock 19 from BBP also had that bit of factory slide grease but was in immaculate condition. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Congrats, man.

The mag release and slide stop changes are straightforward. I followed a couple of YouTube videos after Googling Vickers Glock 19 installs for both pieces.

The mag floor plate change can be more of a headache. I use a rubber vice grip to hold the mag, a punch pin to angle in from the base and get the spring out of the way, and then gently hammer a screwdriver on the non curled edge of the footplate to get it about an 1/8th to 1/4 inch down. The punch pin will invariably pop out. It can then be gently pulled off or hammered off a bit more.

Putting on the new floor plate (the Vickers's plates) is pretty straightforward once you've figured out the removal. I already flipped all my Glock 19 mags to grey floor plates, and Glock 32 mags to black Vickers's floor plates. There are light blue, brown, orange, and green colors available too.

They make it really easy to pull mags out, but as Blaster rightly pointed out, I was so happy with their "grippyness" that they were teaching me a bad habit of using my support hand to pull the mag out on a slide stop/emergency mag exchange (when one should simply let the mag drop while using your support to quickly get a new mag). So I've corrected this before it became habitual. I also like the color coding to quickly distinguish similar sized Glock mags for different guns.

Btw, my recent Vickers Glock 19 from BBP also had that bit of factory slide grease but was in immaculate condition. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Even though the floor plates are a pain in the @ss to change I have changed them many times before on numerous Glocks so I am not too worried about that. I will do as you suggest and pull up the YouTube videos for the other parts. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom