What’s a fair price for an lwrc di .556 m-lol complete upper?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    They do 15-20% off sales on just about every federal holiday, so if you’re patient you can get one of their complete 5.56 DI uppers for just under $800 or so. I have one of their 10.5” DI 5.56 uppers and it’s been great for me, no issues whatsoever. Their uppers do come with an H2 buffer and spring. Mine also came with their angled fore grip and rail panels.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I bought the whole rifle for $30 more. The lower makes the gun for me but the upper is nice also. Mine is a shooter. Easily as accurate as either of my JP rifles.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    The mlok version gets rid of the proprietary handguard, but as stated above the rest of the upper can use standard ar-15 parts.

I have a complete rifle from them, and love it. I was questioning the price for just an upper as the complete rifles were selling for 12-1400 pre covid.

At the cheapest point, those rifles were 1,000-1,100 dollars.

But, now after covid, supply and demand has cause almost all places I normally buy from to APPEAR to have become cheaper than dirt like and raise all their prices, just because they can.

This is capitalism though :). I can’t knock it too much.

Biggest problem I’ve been having, is a lot of the “reputable” places that sell uppers, don’t appear to offer “heavy barreled” models. I couldn’t find any at bcm, rock river offers them, but not in the model upper I want, geissele is government profile like bcm, etc...

So lwrc is looking like my best option, but the most expensive it appears as well.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Don't know about the gas uppers but I own four of the piston guns and they run great! Really good quality!

*****I'm a big fan of LWRC and own several. The LWRCI IC-SPR is an absolute tack driver and the fit and finish seem top notch. My home defense rifle is an LWRC DI with an Aimpoint Pro, flashlight, and a couple of other doo-dads. I like the ambi lowers a lot and think it's a good design others should emulate. The fluting on the barrel looks pretty cool and even non-gun people or folks used to just seeing normal looking barrels comment on it.

I'm getting .5 MOA 5 shot groups out to 100 yards with the IC-SPR using a 4X32 ACOG and 77gr match shoots, and .76 groups out to 200 yards prone position, or bench rested with sand bags.

Big fan of the company and they are pretty local to us.

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    The price seems high but given the current events it’s better quality than most. I have a complete DI rifle that I bought when it first came out and I have not been disappointed though I paid MSRP (you live and you learn).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I got mine for $900. I bought it second hand but it wasn't shot at all if much, still in box and plastic bag. It's my nicest AR. Only problem is it doesn't come with sights. I got the LWRC skirmish sights and a Sig Romeo 5, replaced the factory stock with a sopmod, and a Larue MBT trigger.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    They are “enhanced” but still can use standard AR Parts. Even the lower uses proprietary ambi parts but the standard parts are still there.

I understand. The environment has made it super difficult to find legit parts.

I just received some barrels stamped HBAR from a manufacturer that was willing to add that for me. I'll be assembling a couple of uppers to see how they come together. My son and a couple of friends will take them out and let me know how the groups look before I order more.

You never know with parts but these we're reasonably priced so worth the risk. They look good out of the box. Proper dimple, nitride looks good, feed ramps look nice. Hopefully headspace is good.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

I just received some barrels stamped HBAR from a manufacturer that was willing to add that for me. I'll be assembling a couple of uppers to see how they come together. My son and a couple of friends will take them out and let me know how the groups look before I order more.

You never know with parts but these we're reasonably priced so worth the risk. They look good out of the box. Proper dimple, nitride looks good, feed ramps look nice. Hopefully headspace is good.

That's awesome. Is it a gov/pencil profile stamped with HBAR? Stupid MD laws...

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    They are definitely HBAR profile and advertised as such. I just happened to ask and they accommodated. I've done that with another manufacturer as well.

I guess my point was that due to the lack of specific definitions for an HBAR by the MD legislature, a manufacturer can stamp any barrel HBAR or advertise it as such and meet the "criteria". I was thinking you were getting ahead of the curve. If I mark a barrel HBAR does that count too? Per federal law I am allowed to manufacture firearms for personal use. Could I also then "manufacture" an HBAR barrel by marking it that way?

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I guess my point was that due to the lack of specific definitions for an HBAR by the MD legislature, a manufacturer can stamp any barrel HBAR or advertise it as such and meet the "criteria". I was thinking you were getting ahead of the curve. If I mark a barrel HBAR does that count too? Per federal law I am allowed to manufacture firearms for personal use. Could I also then "manufacture" an HBAR barrel I don't know the rules or laws around that so I'd consult someone that knows better.

I don't know the answer to that. I'll let the actual manufacturers do it so I can be compliant.

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020

Any of those 223 Wylde or 1:8 twist???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Mine is a 1:7 twist and chambered for 5.56 NATO. I looked at the website but didn't see any other specs for rate of twist or chamber dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom