Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Llama the long neck sheep that spit and bite. El junko
    I have worked on a few and handled hundreds of these turds. They had a few guns in 32 and 22 that were made of pot metal and would pretty much self destruct after a box or two of ammo. The 1911's were a strange semi-clone and I would avoid it at all cost!

find a rock island, norinco, or a other armscor gun its much easier to work with.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    My dad has a llama 1911 and it ain't bad. Not as nice as our other 1911s, but I wouldn't sell it for what it's worth. I wouldn't go after a llama, but I'm happy with the one we have.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm going with "not junk" .My good friend , and shooting and hunting partner had one. I fired his often , and even carried it. It was 100% reliable , and as accurate as a stock Colt Gov't Mdl. It's been almost 20yrs since his tragic boating accident ( the drowning kind , not the HaHa kind ) and it was lost in the Rappahock.

That said if it was running well , and you are happy with how it's set up , life is good. If you want a starting point to build up , you're out of luck.

That further said , I was more impressed with the inovative designs of the Stars.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I've worked on several. Save your $!

If you have a turd? AND you polish the the turd......What do you have? :D

Turds are relative. If its a petrified prehistoric giant sloth turd that has been all polished up, it probably looks quite nice on the coffee table. Maybe 1500 years from now.... :rolleyes:

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    When I had my FFL, I had many Llamas come through my inventory. They were, without any exceptions, junk. The .357 revolvers had nice bluing, but they were generally loose and had a funny smell to them. The reviews I read also said they were garbage. One .44 mag reviewed would only shoot straight and downward, but not uphill. Strange. The autos were even worse than the revolvers. The Llama 9mm was the first handgun I ever shot and I recall thinking at the time that the gun was not well built. It jammed twice, but it did save my friend's hide when his car was pulled over by a van full of red necks. When they exited their van with chains and baseball bats, he pulled the gun out of his glove compartment and pointed it at them. They quickly reversed themselves and peeled off as quick as they came. But he should have had something better.

Buy a second or third generation S&W. They're much better guns.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    But both posts are by owners who are admitting their error, i.e. that what they own (ed) wasn't acceptable much less the best....

I do poke fun at Glock's and yes i did own one..BUT I didnt like how it shot...it was more personal preference than whether or not the gun was a POS. Glocks do shoot and are very reliable.

I am however saying the LLama I owned was a POS! It would hang up, FTF, FTE, I couldnt hit a 55 gal drum at 20 feet...I had nothing but trouble from it. I was told it needs to break in...which some new ones do need a break in time...I put couple hundred rounds though it and EVERY mag full/half full/ 2rds had problems. I prob should have called the company but never did. That and buying it was my only regret...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom