Went to local MSP barracks for a transfer and..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    No because they can kiss my ass before they fingerprint me to own a gun!

As a class III weapons owner, the state and feds already have mine. I wonder if I will have to submit to another fingerprinting come Oct. 1st?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    But they already have my prints on record. They have them many times over. Each time I bought a Class III weapon, they got a copy of them.

Jim Smith

When I purchased my 700 Rem at Bass Pro, the 4473 form was done on a laptop. He brought the computer out and I was like WTF? I had never done it like that before. He told me it was more fool proof and that they couldn't be blamed for bad applications
    Cabela's has been doing this too. They have a section in the gun department roped off for the computers.

It's called eForm 4473: http://www.atf.gov/applications/e4473/faq.html

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    But they already have my prints on record. They have them many times over. Each time I bought a Class III weapon, they got a copy of them. Jim Smith

That won't matter one bit. SB 281 requires that you submit a set of fingerprints with the application, and you can be sure they will need to be taken afresh at an MSP-approved vendor. As I understand it, currently applications (for licenses issued by MSP, to detectives, security guards, etc.) must be submitted within three business days of the taking of the prints, or the applicant must have the prints taken again, and pay the print fee again -- and I expect there will be a similar "freshness" requirement for the prints required for the Handgun Qualification License.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom