• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    I think I'll change everything in my life to agree with my opinions. Time to move to a cave. Gotta ditch my blu ray, computer, my jeans, shoes, favorite brand of TP...because someone doesn't agree with me. Boycott boycott boycott!

I don't really care if they agree with me or not. I don't even really want them giving money to causes I do care about. I just want them to do their job and not work against me.

You don't have to be my friend, just don't be my enemy.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't really care if they agree with me or not. I don't even really want them giving money to causes I do care about. I just want them to do their job and not work against me.

:thumbsup: Wurd up

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

Interesting division. Lots of Dem votes in MD though. No offense meant.

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    One is as bad as the next.

I do not mean to diminish the magnitude of the miserable performance of Wells Fargo but I am convinced all big banks are pretty much the same - their bloated bureaucracy greatly impedes their efficiency.

I have banked with PNC for too long, both personal and business (not by choice - they swallowed the small bank I was using); I have been through many bank errors with them and it is just a nightmare to get a correction. One tip - a complaint filed with the banking commission will get the instant and very close attention of those that make things happen at any bank.

There must be, on this forum, those who work in the banking industries upper managment - I would love for them to chime in and tell us how to effectively communicate with big banks on issues like this. I would move to a smaller bank but it is my impression that they are just waiting to be bought by one of the big guys - Am I wrong?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My bank account was originally with a smaller, regional bank. It got bought by Wachovia. That got bought by First Union, which kept the Wachovia name. That got bought by Wells Fargo. I've had this account since 1992. At this point, it's either go with a credit union, or find another bank that will be swallowed up by a bigger bank. The Wells Fargo branches I've been to do not have gun buster signs, which Wachovia originally had. As for this particular dust up, I'm thinking it's a part of Operation Chokepoint, and it will blow over once Trump is in office.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    My bank account was originally with a smaller, regional bank. It got bought by Wachovia. That got bought by First Union, which kept the Wachovia name. That got bought by Wells Fargo. I've had this account since 1992. At this point, it's either go with a credit union, or find another bank that will be swallowed up by a bigger bank. The Wells Fargo branches I've been to do not have gun buster signs, which Wachovia originally had. As for this particular dust up, I'm thinking it's a part of Operation Chokepoint, and it will blow over once Trump is in office.

My experience and view is similar.

Campfire

Apr 21, 2012
    Kansas
    The ones near me are not posted. In fact the Wachovia branches were posted, then when wells took over the signs disappeared.

Same here. Several banks are posted around my area (signs have no force of law, however) but not Wells Fargo, so I didn't realize that they were anti.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    So Fox News has had #1 ratings for 15years in a row because they saw that half the nation (center right) was not being served. The other [lib] outlets just split up the other 50% into scraps.

I've always wondered why other segments of the economy don't do the same thing. There are so many commodity businesses out there. If CalitalOne bank ran ads pandering to the right...wouldn't they outperform the sector? WF, TD, Chase, BOA, PNC, etc can push their left wing values down our throats and split the 50% into tiny pie slices.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Credit union is probably best. Then maybe USAA, Tower, Navy Federal, any others?

Also, seems not matter what bank you get your mortgage through, they all seem to bundle, then resell them to larger institutions. Any advice on how to get a mortgage moved from WellsFargo to another, without refinancing, even possible?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Credit union is probably best. Then maybe USAA, Tower, Navy Federal, any others?

Also, seems not matter what bank you get your mortgage through, they all seem to bundle, then resell them to larger institutions. Any advice on how to get a mortgage moved from WellsFargo to another, without refinancing, even possible?

They own the mortgage. They own you. They won't sell it elsewhere just because.

Paladin

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Feb 23, 2011
    Not the sameas a cake!!

Is this the same as refusing to bake a cake ??
    No it is not the same. Liberals want to destroy organized religion because it is something other than them in which the people can believe. "Weapons" are evil nasty things that hurt the good honest people (sheepeople) and destro the abiity of our government to defend and protect us from them!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    They own the mortgage. They own you. They won't sell it elsewhere just because.

I guess you've never held paper in banks where mortgagees owned them.. :rolleyes: They start giving 100% LTV again, the borrower owns the bank..

I have a lot of Wells Fargo paper, they've never missed a payment. People believe Houge is telling the entire story? They never comment what kind of business they were looking for. Could be as simple as Wells Fargo didn't like their financials and market outlook for credit line? As previously mentioned, I'm sure there are many Fortune 500 defense contractors they'd oblige..

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

Navy Federal is a credit union ;) I'm blaming Clinton the First for a lot of this crap. That and the big communications/entertainment conglomerates are due to the deregulation under the Clinton regime.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I guess you've never held paper in banks where mortgagees owned them.. :rolleyes: They start giving 100% LTV again, the borrower owns the bank..

Then tell then you don't feel like paying any interest this year and see what they say. They apparently have the money for your house because you didn't.
    Banks call they shots. Customers don't. My wife was VP of real estate lending for a credit union for 9 years. The shit customers thought they could do because they were "member owners". LOL

DoNoHarm

by action or inaction
    Oct 9, 2008
    Balto City
    What I see in my crystal-ball is homeowners insurance for owners of firearms impossible to buy. Sort of blurry but looks like health insurance going through the roof for firearm owners.

Stay-tuned

Wow, interesting take-home point! Something to consider when deciding whether or not to take out an extra ffirearms rider on the homeowner's policy!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Then tell then you don't feel like paying any interest this year and see what they say. They apparently have the money for your house because you didn't.
    Banks call they shots. Customers don't. My wife was VP of real estate lending for a credit union for 9 years. The shit customers thought they could do because they were "member owners". LOL

How did banks/lenders do when real estate investors went under water about 7 years ago and walked away? Tell me how those "customers" didn't call the shots then.
    :innocent0 I could pay off my home five times over, not prudent..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom