• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Why does why of that matter? If they are coming for guns, they don't care about any of that. All that matters is that you bought a big, scary evil gun.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Very true. Although i personally dont think they are going to come around kicking in doors..it can be done administratively weaponizing the IRS..Simply cut off access to your income until you comply..

In your case they will simply terminate you as a felon if you refuse to comply

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    That still doesnt help Marylanders who have a <10.5 inch barrel pistol with a brace on it. I wonder what those people are going to do.

Put a pad on the brace...or file a Form 1 for the gun with a full-length stock.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    And as someone that lives close to PA with friends I there to shoot with on spur of the moment this sucks. I’ll submit a request for every weekend

I've been sitting down with 12 ,5320's , One for each month , fill them out for Friday to Monday for each weekend in that month and send them in 3 to a envelope , I've been doing it that way for years never had a problem

Oh3

Jan 2, 2016
    Carroll Co
    I've been sitting down with 12 ,5320's , One for each month , fill them out for Friday to Monday for each weekend in that month and send them in 3 to a envelope , I've been doing it that way for years never had a problem

Thanks. Glad to know I won’t be the only one.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

I do 5320s for an entire year. for each NFA item.

Otherwise the paper drill would be to cumbersome.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I think you can fill out a 5320 for 364 days. So basically on per year if you are taking your NFA item to the same location.

Yes. Just fill it out for 1 year and your good. I submit a bunch of different forms for different locations every year. Some are just in case locations where I might possible go to a training class or say a family members house that I might visit.

I just double checked my approved forms and I have exactly a year filled in. 9,1,2020 to 9,1,2021 for example.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I’ve only ever submitted 1 form 20, covering the entire calendar year.

Which reminds me, I gotta do 2021’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Very true. Although i personally dont think they are going to come around kicking in doors..it can be done administratively weaponizing the IRS..Simply cut off access to your income until you comply..

In your case they will simply terminate you as a felon if you refuse to comply
    I agree, I don't think they will come kicking in doors. If they ban them, that means no more gun ranges, gun shows or gun stores. That means no more bullets to the retail market. That means no more reloading supplies. People that are out and about with guns will get arrested for possession and they will get seized that way.

I don't see a door to door confiscation, I see squeezing on all sides and making it impossible to shoot a gun. I see "mandatory" turn ins, and they will destroy (or make disappear) whatever guns are turned in. I think Dave Chappelle made a joke years ago about keeping guns legal, but making bullets cost $1000. Now you REALLY gotta want to kill someone to putting thousand dollar holes in them...

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Amazin how many in gov are now anti COTUS and anti people. Like how it started the first time

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I agree, I don't think they will come kicking in doors. If they ban them, that means no more gun ranges, gun shows or gun stores. That means no more bullets to the retail market. That means no more reloading supplies. People that are out and about with guns will get arrested for possession and they will get seized that way.

I don't see a door to door confiscation, I see squeezing on all sides and making it impossible to shoot a gun. I see "mandatory" turn ins, and they will destroy (or make disappear) whatever guns are turned in. I think Dave Chappelle made a joke years ago about keeping guns legal, but making bullets cost $1000. Now you REALLY gotta want to kill someone to putting thousand dollar holes in them...

****Yea. I think you are right. We live in a digital economy now and the powers that be can easily put liens, confiscate or freeze bank accounts, garnish wages, or do any number of legal things to get people to comply.

Yes, there are folks that can live off the grid, have a ton of beef jerky and MRE's, bullets, guns, fish antibiotics, and cash hoarded but they are the exception. Most regular folks have regular jobs, pay taxes, send their kiddies to school, have mortgages, car loans, pets, perhaps own a nice Ghillie suit, body armor, and those cool tactical tomahawks the NRA sells that look so badass but don't really work all that well... Ultimately most people have a lot to lose if the screws get turned badly enough.

Door to door confiscation is very unlikely, and word would spread quickly if such a thing were to happen. Authorities would have to mebbe send bachelors and un-married social workers so as to not make lots of widows and orphans, etc..

I don't see a lot of the above happening, but that doesn't mean you don't prepare for whatever is likely to happen if things go sideways.

Personally, I am happy just being left alone. I'm not harmless, but I'm not apt to just start trouble unless there is good reason to do so.

I've dealt with hardship in my life, like most others have, but like my heated fuzzy bear slippers, warm bed, and Netflix too much to give it up for just any old reason... :innocent0

Okok, losing my gun rights would be a reason... FINE. :)

Attachments

• fuzzy.jpg
      fuzzy.jpg
      36.4 KB · Views: 456

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'll repeat my previous post here. Their proposed rule is super ambiguous. Lots left up to them. Do they expect people to hand in their property to be "checked" and then told if they can leave it as is or register it? F that

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads