• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruarkkustomz

Dec 24, 2015
    Salisbury,md
    Decided to purchase a glock 43 for starters and see how I like it. Im coming from two Taurus handguns and decided to buy something small for out of state ccw. Hoping to add to it as soon as my collector license comes in. Looking at a g26 and g30s. already shot the 30s and really liked it. Are they any other glocks to be on the look out for?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Decided to purchase a glock 43 for starters and see how I like it. Im coming from two Taurus handguns and decided to buy something small for out of state ccw. Hoping to add to it as soon as my collector license comes in. Looking at a g26 and g30s. already shot the 30s and really liked it. Are they any other glocks to be on the look out for?

Glock 19. My favorite.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Excellent choices. I have each of those plus a 21, 22, 31, 19 and two 17's. Basically all of them are great but many will likely tell you that the G19 is the best of all worlds.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Welcome! I agree that the G19 is a must have. If you want to get into action pistol competition the G34 is outstanding.

slowz32

Dec 3, 2014
    Mt. Airy
    I own a gen 1 17 and a gen 4 30. Both are awesome. Couple buddies of mine have 19's that i shoot all the time. It is my favorite glock haha just waiting for some funds to buy one for myself. Buying a p220 and a p226 this week didnt help me get any closer to that 19.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Love my 26 if I could have only one I think I'd do a 26 over the 43 thankfully I don't have to do list one and just like you am currently waiting to pick my 43 up. 19 is a good gun not so much for CCW but a good gun regardless.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'd argue that a 19 or 23 is an excellent CCW gun. Congrats on the new carry piece.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Love my 26 if I could have only one I think I'd do a 26 over the 43 thankfully I don't have to do list one and just like you am currently waiting to pick my 43 up. 19 is a good gun not so much for CCW but a good gun regardless.
    19 is a great carry gun. Depends on how you carry and what size you are. I carry my 19 nearly every day.

ruarkkustomz

Dec 24, 2015
    Salisbury,md
    I own a gen 1 17 and a gen 4 30. Both are awesome. Couple buddies of mine have 19's that i shoot all the time. It is my favorite glock haha just waiting for some funds to buy one for myself. Buying a p220 and a p226 this week didnt help me get any closer to that 19.

I love the p220 and p226 there awesome guns. Eventually i'll buy them as well wife wants a p226 legion. Guy we shoot with has a couple 226's and she loves them.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD

Is your 220 a 45? I'm very interested in your feedback (maybe another thread-sorry to hijack).

Apr 25, 2011
    Berlin
    I am kinda in the same boat, well at least with your past. I still have yet to get a glock. I pretend like I don't want one but I think they are great. I might get a couple police trade ins and go from there.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

Why do you need a collectors license to purchase a G43? I am a Maryland designated collector and all it means is that I am not subject to one handgun every 30 days. I can by half a dozen at the same time.

ruarkkustomz

Dec 24, 2015
    Salisbury,md
    Why do you need a collectors license to purchase a G43? I am a Maryland designated collector and all it means is that I am not subject to one handgun every 30 days. I can by half a dozen at the same time.

yes I"m hoping to add the g26 and g30 once I get my collectors license. already purchased the g43 today. sorry for any confusion

ruarkkustomz

Dec 24, 2015
    Salisbury,md
    I am kinda in the same boat, well at least with your past. I still have yet to get a glock. I pretend like I don't want one but I think they are great. I might get a couple police trade ins and go from there.

your close to me I'm in Salisbury. the guy I shoot with is trying to get me buying sig's but there a little to rich for my blood right now so I'll stick to the glocks. I can't wait to get it and shoot it

ruarkkustomz

Dec 24, 2015
    Salisbury,md
    Is your 220 a 45? I'm very interested in your feedback (maybe another thread-sorry to hijack).

Your fine. I have shot 3 different 220 .45cal sigs and there awesome. Handle well and not a bad terrible recoil due to the weight of the gun fun to shoot and I'll be adding one in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom