• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    In my experience, it will require backing to get that many signatures before the end of May. Is there any chance of this happening?

The NRA has already shot it down as not the route to go and MSI is not backing it either. Neither is MDPetitions.com.

So, it is going to be a tough road. I'm trying to do my part. If we all did, we just might be able to get where we need to. However, we are divided on this issue, so who knows what will happen.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I think if it could be seen that the Petition was getting some traction, then more would join the effort. Updates on signatures would be helpful.

proclus

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore City
    One key to this is hitting grass-roots pro-gun folks, instead of relying on NRA rank and file. This means taking the petitions out in the county areas, where there is alot of people. Fairgrounds, parks, guns shows, horse races, etc.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    One key to this is hitting grass-roots pro-gun folks, instead of relying on NRA rank and file. This means taking the petitions out in the county areas, where there is alot of people. Fairgrounds, parks, guns shows, horse races, etc.

working on getting a table for next weekends gun and knife show

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Anyone want to hit up the meeting with petitions in Carroll County?

May 22 @ 7:00PM at Carroll County Community College: the Commissioners of Carroll County are holding a meeting to discuss nullification of SB-281 at the county level. There should be quite a few people there. I have a meeting until 6:30 or so that day, but I'll help pass petitions around and bring a table and chairs if needed. Anyone interested?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    received the confirmation , got a table or this weekend. Any one want to help out send me a pm :D

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Anyone want to hit up the meeting with petitions in Carroll County?

May 22 @ 7:00PM at Carroll County Community College: the Commissioners of Carroll County are holding a meeting to discuss nullification of SB-281 at the county level. There should be quite a few people there. I have a meeting until 6:30 or so that day, but I'll help pass petitions around and bring a table and chairs if needed. Anyone interested?

I am double screwed for the 22nd. Not only is my wife working a 12 hour shift which means I have the 3 kids all day, but my daughter has a 6:00 pm lacrosse game too. Going to be a fun day. Otherwise, I would have helped out.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    received the confirmation , got a table or this weekend. Any one want to help out send me a pm :D

Sunday is out. Son's birthday party that day. My daughter has an early lacrosse game on Saturday, but I can head up to Hagerstown after that to help out.

Are you going to prepare some sort of sign to hang off the front of the table? Is that allowed per the show's rules? I have not been to a gun show, computer show, knife show, etc. for probably 10 years now, so I cannot remember the details. The internet makes buying stuff way too easy.

proclus

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore City
    I think that it should be possible to get alot of signatures in a short period of time at certain sporting events in Baltimore City, where I live. If you intend to do this, let me know, and I'll be glad to help.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I think that it should be possible to get alot of signatures in a short period of time at certain sporting events in Baltimore City, where I live. If you intend to do this, let me know, and I'll be glad to help.

What sporting events? Dates/times? I have to see if I can work them into my schedule and others might be interested too if it works out with their schedule.

Thanks

Logan

Feb 8, 2012
    I hear they didn't want the SB281 to go to a public vote, because they usually sneak something else in the wording that will turn people away from it. They would rather take this to the SCOTUS.

:)

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I hear they didn't want the SB281 to go to a public vote, because they usually sneak something else in the wording that will turn people away from it. They would rather take this to the SCOTUS.

:)

Logan: See message # 7. This is not a discussion group, but is for executing the petition by those who have determined this to be the best way to proceed.:)

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Sunday is out. Son's birthday party that day. My daughter has an early lacrosse game on Saturday, but I can head up to Hagerstown after that to help out.

Are you going to prepare some sort of sign to hang off the front of the table? Is that allowed per the show's rules? I have not been to a gun show, computer show, knife show, etc. for probably 10 years now, so I cannot remember the details. The internet makes buying stuff way too easy.

Going to have a sign if its not allowed I will find out Saturday ;) I haven't been to any type of shows this century :lol: . Looks like Saturday is 9-5 then Sunday 9-3. It's going to be a romantic weekend since we live so far away we are going to spend the night in the Free State of West Viginia

Can a circulator be a resident of another state?

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB - GO PENS!

Not sure but if not i will sign as circulator pm me
    Man, you moved quick.

hope ya meant that in a good way :D

Right now I have 300 copies of the petition shooting for 500 by Friday

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Man, you moved quick.

My lease was up... Annapolis didn't make it hard to figure out where to go! And I'm only 30 mins from work. I was about 25 mins away living in Waldorf.

I will still be engaged in the fight in MD, I'll do everything I can to help my friends and family still shackled in the "Free State".

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB - GO PENS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom