• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    After looking after my bank statements and seeing a three week period that my deposits were electronic she asked me “How can we give you a permit when there is no cash deposits for periods of time?”
    I had to show my CC statement showing the cash payments to that.
    I’m not trying to be offensive ocean but ... true story!

I don't doubt that that person said that to you. But that's not the experience most have. How long ago was the interview you describe?

Extramile

Jan 1, 2020
    Western MD
    Ok just wondering something else now. Interview last Thursday. I thought it went well. Investigator said he would call references and wife either Friday or Monday. It’s now the following Thursday and no contact to either my wife or any of my references. Should I be concerned about this?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Ok just wondering something else now. Interview last Thursday. I thought it went well. Investigator said he would call references and wife either Friday or Monday. It’s now the following Thursday and no contact to either my wife or any of my references. Should I be concerned about this?

He more then likely retired ...:innocent0;):D

Others have stated some of their contacts were not called . Mine were called from what i understand . My wife was contacted as well .
    I think they bob & weave a bit and whatever floats their boats .

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    Negative, from my understanding. Precaution against danger in a general sense does not seem sufficient. The only substantive reason I can think of not tied to a specific attack or death threat verified by police reports is the "I have a federal security clearance that requires daily access to protected/classified information" with an accompanying memo from your security manager.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

None of my references were called.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I don't know where this comes from, other than MSP asking for bank statements to verify the business is legitimate and operating.

I have my MD permit as a business owner and real estate agent, and carrying money/cash had nothing to do with my ability to get the permit. It doesn't hurt your cause, but it's completely false that you need to carry large sums of money, or any money for that matter, to get your permit to carry a handgun in MD.

You are missing the point. No, the MSP policy isn’t directly about money. But money is what makes you, as a business owner, more of a potential target in the eyes of a criminal than Joe civil servant. As a business owner, you are theoretically more likely to be carrying Money on you then a typical office worker or housewife. Therefore you are more at risk. So while Money is not the determining factor in the permit it is the thing that makes you more likely to be a target of crime, thus indirectly providing you the GSR.

I’m not saying this line of reasoning is valid. Some business owners do carry money, others don’t. But money is the only difference between a business owner and a typical office worker or employee. They are perceived as being at greater risk, I guess. So it is the money that makes the difference and ends up being the reason for the permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You will be observed through the mirrored windows of the lobby prior to the interview, with notes being taken on your appearance/clothing, mannerisms, nervousness, etc.

You'll be asked to sign an honor/truthfulness policy at the start of the interview

The questions I thought were a bit too invasive:
    What do you intend to carry.
    Crimes as a juvenile, even those not known to law enforcement.
    Driving record.
    Drinking habits, frequency of drinking event, quantity during event.
    All prescription drugs you're currently using.
    Mental health care received for PTSD, depression, alcoholism, drug abuse, or other mental disorders.

If you're on psychiatric medications (per a list they have) or have a history of "mental disorder" you'll need a signed memo from a doctor per a memo you'll be given by the investigator.

And add to that;
    "Have you ever been involved in an altercation?"
    "Have you EVER smoke marijuana?"

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    And add to that;

"Have you ever been involved in an altercation?"

"Have you EVER smoke marijuana?"

So I showed this to a cousin of mine and she was curious if anyone ever answered yes to either of those questions, and still got his or her permit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    So I showed this to a cousin of mine and she was curious if anyone ever answered yes to either of those questions, and still got his or her permit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I stated I got in fights with my brother during high school, still was approved.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I really hate to be the guy that say to use the Search feature , but you ( the OP ) just jumped with both feet into the subject of Transporting in Maryland .

It comes up frequently , and most of the dozens of threads reach epic lengths , search out just one of them . Yes MDS search feature sucks . Use google or other outside search engine , including Maryland Shooters in the search .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom