• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    The registration file of "registered" firearms are 100% accessible to just about every officer in the state.

The CCW permit file and I assume now the HQL file is not.

On the registered firearm page there is a spot for "Handgun Permit" which has a spot to indicate if the person has a CCW permit or not. I am not sure that MSP fills in this information or not but there is a spot for it in the system that just about any officer can run. Even if the system is updated it does not list CCW restrictions, if it's still active, when it expires or anything else. It just has a spot which may or may not be currently used by MSP.

It's not tied into registration or DL info. The officer needs to run your name or serial # of the firearm to get a response.

Thank you for the clarification.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Would this work in Maryland? Got this from FB regarding bundy issue.

Officer that has pulled you over: Are you carrying any weapons? (NEVER EVER ANSWER THIS QUESTION!!)
    Driver: Am I being Detained?
    Officer: No
    Driver: Am I free to go?
    Officer: Are you carrying any weapons?
    Driver: Am I being detained?
    Officer: No
    Driver: Am I free to go?
    By the third of fourth time, the driver no longer needs to ask the question. Their response should be a statement "Then I'm free to go" and drive away!
    Nevada is a traditional open carry state with complete state preemption of firearms laws. However, Clark County is grandfathered so as to continue a “Deadly Weapons” registration scheme. Fortunately, Nevada law exempts travelers to and through Nevada from these registration requirements for 60 days. http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=272

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only an idiot would do this. if the shoe fits.....

seems like you are cinderella

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    That's because I remember what life was like before I pinned on my badge. I also remember why I became a Police Officer. Too many forget and get wrapped up in the internal politics of the job or develop a God complex or a terrible sense of fatalism.

I also have not so fond memories of having to grovel and write letters in the hopes of being issued a pistol license in my home state. The treatment I received from the local police agency to which I was forced to apply was rude and dismissive and the Officers I had to deal with were an embarrassment.

I've met many members of the profession who see themselves as being part of an entitled class. At the same time I remember the Patrolman who gave me his cover no questions asked when I was boy because I told him that I wanted to be a Policeman when I grew up. I had that cover for a long time. I used to dream about the day when I'd be big enough to fit it. Don't misunderstand me, I'm a realist. I know the limits of what I can accomplish both alone and with assistance. At the same time I've been all around the world and I've seen enough to understand that when you bury your idealism and replace it with cynicism that you're poisoning your soul and surrendering an important part of what makes you human. I meet far too many people who wear their apathy like it was the Medal of Honor. Those people are fools and they will die broken and alone surrounded by the ruins of a life they could have salvaged but chose not to.

I still firmly believe in the part of the Policeman's prayer which states that a Policeman should be a terror to burglars and a friend to children and the law abiding. I do my best to live up to that ideal. Some days I make it while other days I come up short but I always try.

Thank you for your service to the area

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    That's because I remember what life was like before I pinned on my badge. I also remember why I became a Police Officer. Too many forget and get wrapped up in the internal politics of the job or develop a God complex or a terrible sense of fatalism.

I also have not so fond memories of having to grovel and write letters in the hopes of being issued a pistol license in my home state. The treatment I received from the local police agency to which I was forced to apply was rude and dismissive and the Officers I had to deal with were an embarrassment.

I've met many members of the profession who see themselves as being part of an entitled class. At the same time I remember the Patrolman who gave me his cover no questions asked when I was boy because I told him that I wanted to be a Policeman when I grew up. I had that cover for a long time. I used to dream about the day when I'd be big enough to fit it. Don't misunderstand me, I'm a realist. I know the limits of what I can accomplish both alone and with assistance. At the same time I've been all around the world and I've seen enough to understand that when you bury your idealism and replace it with cynicism that you're poisoning your soul and surrendering an important part of what makes you human. I meet far too many people who wear their apathy like it was the Medal of Honor. Those people are fools and they will die broken and alone surrounded by the ruins of a life they could have salvaged but chose not to.

I still firmly believe in the part of the Policeman's prayer which states that a Policeman should be a terror to burglars and a friend to children and the law abiding. I do my best to live up to that ideal. Some days I make it while other days I come up short but I always try.

I have met both kinds of officers. More of the second kind than the first, and thus I still think of the police as peace officers first, and law enforcement second.

Thank you validating this view .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom