We need this in Maryland. Liability of property owners that create gun free zones.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    This right here is the way we fight back against gun free zones.

Years ago, when VA and lots of other states passed Shall Issue, my employer made sure every one knew our offices were Gun Free Zones. I had a direction added to my will that should I ever get taken out by a crazed killer entering into the office, my estate was to sue the living piss out of said employer.
    The courts DID force employers to allow employees to store their firearms in their locked vehicles.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Advocating for this kind of policy could have some legs--if we mount a campaign beginning with the adjournment of the current MGA session.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    the problem is, you generally don't have to enter a gun free zone. get another job, don't go to that store, etc.

the real problem arises when the govt requires you to visit (dmv, post office from time to time, etc) and doesn't allow you to bring your own protection. or even parks and the like where your taxes pay for them but you can't carry protection in them.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    the real problem arises when the govt requires you to visit (dmv, post office from time to time, etc) and doesn't allow you to bring your own protection. or even parks and the like where your taxes pay for them but you can't carry protection in them.
    No, the real problem arises when you're forced to defend your life in one of these mandated "gun-free zones" in the absence of official armed protection.

IIRC, the reason certain places can prohibit carrying arms is because the government (or the owner) is providing armed protection, in the form of bailiffs, sheriff/LEO etc, which makes them liable for your safety.

"Gun free" in the absence of armed protection is merely a free-fire zone, with no defense against criminal/terror actors.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    IIRC, the reason certain places can prohibit carrying arms is because the government (or the owner) is providing armed protection, in the form of bailiffs, sheriff/LEO etc, which makes them liable for your safety.
    Nope. The government isn't responsible for your safety in a GOV building. They deprive you of a right and provide NOTHING in return.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Iirc Tennessee tried this some time ago. I do not recall if it passed to law or not. Maybe 5?6? Years ago

its been a while

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I'd be fine with it. I'd rather just get a federal law making gun free zones unenforceable all together in spaces open to the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom